Page 545 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 454454955355435445455465475555956451045 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Here lakes, let me translate since I know you don’t speak "sarcastic left-wing intellectual". By virtue of my own life’s path, I happen to be multi-lingual.

Most POTUs are placeholders. Their prime directive is "don’t fuck it up". People like Chapman are few and far between, the exception rather than the rule, and they usually cause the end of their own careers by pushing the envelope, especially in a place like ND where the envelope is easily pushed. They are driven by passion and competitiveness, not caution or status quo.

What matters most to DB is that you – the alums – love him dearly. Taking NDSU to FBS is chock full of risk. Damn scary risk, at that. Risk that he wasn’t willing to take for fear of losing your love, especially the love of the FCS lifers. Hence, he adopted the "wait for the split" line and it served him well. I suspect Cook will do the same thing, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that he sees the light.

But why wouldn’t he be complacent? NDSU FB is doing absolutely spectacularly for what it is. If you ran the numbers in your head as an incoming POTU, you would likely come to the same conclusion – play the "wait for the split" line and keep riding the FCS gravy train. Avoid the risk. Let the next guy deal with it. This approach works great because it only becomes an issue after the fact, when it’s too late, when the landscape has changed irreversibly and FCS doesn’t look the same. And odds are good you’ll have moved on by then.

When the shit went down, Aresco basically said "all interested schools apply to the AAC". That’s how it works in FBS. A good invite will never fall in your lap. You have to ask for it. Hell, you have to lobby for it, go out and get the one you want. It’s obvious at this point that NDSU didn’t do that, because there’s no way you could hide that fact in ND.

So, stop blaming ML, since it’s not his job, and accept the reality of the situation. That way if it ever happens, it will be a joyous surprise. You don’t have any control over it anyways.
    Wow, you have crap for expectaions of what a leader should be.......DB and ML suck at it. Leaders just don't stick with the status quo. They lead.......leading assumes risk!

Notre Dame is breaking its precedent of not playing FCS. Gonna play Tennessee State.
    College of Business Alumnus

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Notre Dame is breaking its precedent of not playing FCS. Gonna play Tennessee State.
    I wonder why. What a random opponent, too.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I wonder why. What a random opponent, too.
    Eddie George is the coach. Ohio State alum. Marcus Freeman. Ohio State alum. Two black men maybe trying to help out the HBCU community. Thats the only thing I could think of but who knows.
    College of Business Alumnus

Eddie George is the coach. Ohio State alum. Marcus Freeman. Ohio State alum. Two black men maybe trying to help out the HBCU community. Thats the only thing I could think of but who knows.
    ding ding. them and Deion State will probably be FBS before NDSU. freakin shame.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Very possible and understandable. Relationships are so critical in everything that happens behind the scenes. I had a good talk with the person who handles scheduling for Notre Dame. He shared they would never play an FCS team because they don't need to. They have their choice of who they want to play and where. And they could go to any city and play any team and likely sell out. I was surprised when I saw they scheduled Tennessee State but these connections make sense. And there is no way they lose the game. No guarantee if a win if they play the Bison.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The Irish wanted a cupcake the week after the Shamrock Series game in Ireland.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Nothing that will affect NDSU i bet
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

you beat me by 13 min EC8CH
    https://twitter.com/BroncoSports/sta...Am-MDUjgjKRp9Q

Big 12 or PAC 10. then NDSU slides right the fuck in.... and President Cook Bresciani Larson Pro Seed guy ALL better be in a Leer jet flying to see Craig Thompson asap
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?