Page 302 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 2022522923003013023033043123524028021302 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Saw that earlier. Interesting that it’s canceled and not postponed. Was it supposed to be played at Camp Randall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Per the BIG, there are no make up dates in the conference schedule and all cancelations are declared a ‘no contest’.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    FWIW, the short term stuff is cute and fun and all, but I want FBS for the long game. I’m 30 now, would love to have NDSU in serious conversations for P5 by the time my kids are in college 20 years from now.

Sports aside it would be the best thing for the university.
    correct. people keep getting upset for being pushy. its because I know we need to 1st get the foot in the door, 2nd succeed at a place like MWC for 5-10 years then spring board into the big 12

if pud Manhattan and Ames can have a 55,000 stadium, NDSU & Fargo surely can
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    correct. people keep getting upset for being pushy. its because I know we need to 1st get the foot in the door, 2nd succeed at a place like MWC for 5-10 years then spring board into the big 12

How many people are within an hour of the respective cities you talk about?

Ames- 1mm with Des Moines

KC - 2 or 3 Million from Manhatten.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    How many people are within an hour of the respective cities you talk about?

Ames- 1mm with Des Moines

KC - 2 or 3 Million from Manhatten.
    Plus much bigger alumni bases to draw from as well.

Oh well... dreaming big never hurt nobody
    College of Business Alumnus

https://thesouthern.com/sports/colle...3ce03dcac.html

We got the Money.. FBS baby lets go!!

Reason #2397423947 to go FBS Klieman says what everyone knows: NDSU doesnt belong here

When we were at North Dakota State, we were better than everybody on offense and defense,” Klieman said. “So why would we waste an opportunity on roughing a kid? Here, it’s much more competitive offensively and defensively. You may not have an advantage on some of those things, so you better find a way to have an advantage on a week in week out basis. So we collectively as a staff are going to put a lot more time into special teams than we think a lot of people are, because it has to be the edge.

“My previous place, we were favored by four and five touchdowns every time we played so you didn’t need to be as dominant on special teams.

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Who’s going to pay for a new stadium?

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    4 Corporations $50mil each over 25 years plus $50 mil NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

4 Corporations $50mil each over 25 years plus $50 mil NDSU
    You have those commitments? You talking like Biden now---I have a plan.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."