Page 295 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1952452852932942952962973053453957951295 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 13486

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Just over 50k in revenue from ticket sales for a couple programs. Pathetic. Only a few programs in the conference are somewhat respectable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did read that right? NDSU gets almost 500k for media rights and SDSU gets 15k????

It looks like NDSU essentially gets 450k+ more than any other program from media rights. It's been a day since I read it so maybe I am not remembering the details.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Did read that right? NDSU gets almost 500k for media rights and SDSU gets 15k????

It looks like NDSU essentially gets 450k+ more than any other program from media rights. It's been a day since I read it so maybe I am not remembering the details.
    NDSU is a FBS program in every sense. just scared admin and a AD that doesnt want to take a risk , coattails are warm enough and pays him greatly
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU is a FBS program in every sense. just scared admin and a AD that doesnt want to take a risk , coattails are warm enough and pays him greatly
    If all he were interested in was getting paid more money he’d move up because the only thing that’s better in G5 are the checks the administrators command.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

Without looking into it deeper, I suspect that's because of Learfield deals. SDSU hired Learfield almost 10 years ago to handle their media rights. It's possible that the money SDSU gets in return is accounted for in a different part of the budget sheet. NDSU has also hired Learfield very recently, but the current TV & radio deals predate that. When those come up for renewal, Learfield will take over those as well.

As for SDSU's real number, they signed their deal with Learfield for 10y/$13M back in 2011. So it looks like they're actually making about $1.3M/year overall for their rights, with the contract coming up for renegotiation this year or next.

Thanks for posting that link. Very interesting. Nice job on the research, Salukis

Looking at the numbers, two things pop out:

1. If the XDSUs truly belong in the MVFC at this point, the rest should be D2 FB (with the exception of ISUr and Northern Iowa)

OR

2. The XDSUs should be playing FB at the G5 level.

It’s only a mater of time until the rest of the FCS starts trying to find ways to "level the playing field", as it were. Trophy hoarding, as much as I love it, will not be tolerated by the rest.

Dude we're the class of FCS. Only a few other programs are close.

The class of FCS>G5.

Give it a few years as Covid will accelerate changes.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    Dude we're the class of FCS. Only a few other programs are close.

The class of FCS>G5.

Give it a few years as Covid will accelerate changes.
    Covid just gave Matt Larson and company a big sigh of relief. they'll be able to use this excuse for at least another 5 years and status quo it and gravy train.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sam, your BS is getting so old. We are where we are because of where we are.
    We don't have a league to go to. Only fit would be Mid Am. We do not have the money
    for the increase in number of scholarships, increased coaches salaries and additional
    women's scholarships. You have never come to the plate. You expect all this money
    to fall off a tree. Frankly, all you do is criticize and it's getting pretty damn old. Go
    follow your favorites, the golden Gophers and Row your Boat.

Sam, I too am sick of your BS. You haven't even bought a call yet have you?

HAVE YOU?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes