Page 1240 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 24074011401190123012381239124012411242125012901340 ... LastLast
Results 12,391 to 12,400 of 13495

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Some of today's take aways.

1. She’s firm on the $17 mil and $34 mil exit fees.
    2. She knows just about all the decision makers of the PAC-4 well.
    3. She thinks the MWC being at 14 or 16 schools (with 2 to 4 of the right added schools) to be the sweet spot right now.
    4. Very open to taking Olympic Sports only members.
    5. Our TV deal allows us to open up the deal when adding new members and can add them as pro-rata or negotiated at a higher than pro-rata amount.

For your case, the willingness to take olympic sports only might open the door for a football only invitation.

Oregon State athletic director Scott Barnes on rebuilding the Pac-12: ‘That’s certainly our goal’

There may be one emerging end to that path, as Barnes expressed a desire to rebuild some version of the league that just fell apart. And, more importantly, a level of belief that the four teams left behind – Oregon State, Washington State, Cal and Stanford – could be the driving forces behind it, instead of taking an every-school-for-itself mentality.

“A real shot, but it won’t be without difficulty,” Barnes said. “But yes, I do emphatically believe that four of us, as foundational members, can build something back that is real, tangible, and sets the course for the future.”

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    It depends. If the AAC loses SMU, Memphis, Tulane and Navy... they might have to replace them with Conference USA teams like UTEP, Sam Houston and Jacksonville State

But if the MW loses Boise, San Diego State, Air Forcd and Colorado State

I think the wildcard could be if the Pac 12 can somehow poach a Sunbelt team like Marshall

Honestly the Pac 12 would look intruiging
    Marshall seems highly unlikely to move to PAC, the academics wouldn't make Cal and Stanford happy. Marshall also relatively happy in SBC with nearby rivals. Marshall vs App St is a huge rivalry. Thus far, all the rumored PAC targets are a combination of AAC and MWC schools.

AAC most likely backfills if they get raided is a combination of CUSA and possibly one or two SBC teams.
    Texas St and Georgia St are the schools most likely to move to AAC from SBC, though possible none do.

Current AAC member schools believe their media deal is going to be torn up and slashed if they lose the PAC targets.
    They are still hoping they can add two or more of the PAC schools instead, though this is starting to look unlikely.
    In the prior round, AAC was talking about adding B12 and MWC schools, and that didn't work at all.
    Some are talking now about bailing to the SBC if it gets bad. Lots of moving parts here still.
    Last edited by BigHorns; 08-18-2023 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If the MWC takes NDSU, SDSU and the Montana schools it seems kind of like a slam dunk to me.
    This is one of the better (maybe best) outcomes in my mind.
    Especially if MWC only lost one or two schools and could keep or improve the media deal.

Another factor with AAC is half those schools (the "legacy" ones) all want to leave. The conference you join there could change again within 2 years.
    Top half of the AAC is strong today (before any departures), bottom half is below SBC and MAC.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Another factor with AAC is half those schools (the "legacy" ones) all want to leave. The conference you join there could change again within 2 years.
    Top half of the AAC is strong today (before any departures), bottom half is below SBC and MAC.
    Adjacent to your point is the fact that the MAC is sitting right there, basically in our footprint (yeah, a stretch but not by as much as elsewhere) and once we join with SDSU, we'll help the conference take a step up. The MAC is also stable, which is nice.

As much as I'd like the Bison to be in the MWC so that I can easily travel to more games, today's MWC is not what tomorrow's will be. Also, the MAC is way better for recruiting given that moms and dads can travel better for multiple games.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Adjacent to your point is the fact that the MAC is sitting right there, basically in our footprint (yeah, a stretch but not by as much as elsewhere) and once we join with SDSU, we'll help the conference take a step up. The MAC is also stable, which is nice.

As much as I'd like the Bison to be in the MWC so that I can easily travel to more games, today's MWC is not what tomorrow's will be. Also, the MAC is way better for recruiting given that moms and dads can travel better for multiple games.
    I doubt the MAC schools can afford the travel to the XDSUs.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

No MAC school is going to add the XDSU’s. It’s a bus conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

I still think MAC could make a lot of sense along with SDSU or a couple others.

A bit hard to know where everything lands, but by December timeframe it should be clear what the PAC schools are doing, and some of the cascade effects from that. A little patience could very likely open some doors, and maybe a couple different options for us.

From a conference standpoint, I don't really care as much about the brand, as which schools are there when we join, and how likely they are to stay a while. The membership is far more important than the brand they play under. The stronger the members are, the better.

NDSU only!
    no partners to MWC OR AAC is how NDSU gets better as a program and even moreso as an university!!

NDSU would stand apart from everyone in the region and further stamp their national status.
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 08-19-2023 at 09:06 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Somebody is having fun with this:

https://pac-4.com/
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.