Page 988 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 48888893897898698798898999099810381088 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,880 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    True, but we also likely bought up most of the 9k pre-sale seats, so it's closer to 13-14k overall. We got 4 in the presale, and wish we'd bought 8.
    It will be interesting to see the ratio of fans as I'm sure both fanbases are buying on the secondary market.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    For the millionth time just put him on ignore...

Stop responding to him, you're the ones feeding his need to make the conversation about him.
    ahhhhhhh sad.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I will never put you on ignore. You have very weird flights of fancy but you keep the conversation going.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I will never put you on ignore. You have very weird flights of fancy but you keep the conversation going.
    I grew up in Jamestown, ND, home to the state mental hospital. Those that voluntarily checked in were free to come and go as they please, and certain "regulars" were well known about town. Very interesting at times and mostly completely harmless, but my parents still told me to stay away.

Won't threadjack, but if there's interest I can start a new one with some of the stories from the patients. It won't be PC.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    I grew up in Jamestown, ND, home to the state mental hospital. Those that voluntarily checked in were free to come and go as they please, and certain "regulars" were well known about town. Very interesting at times and mostly completely harmless, but my parents still told me to stay away.

Won't threadjack, but if there's interest I can start a new one with some of the stories from the patients. It won't be PC.
    Fellow Townie. The looney bin is full of characters
    College of Business Alumnus

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    What is it exactly that you think the rest of the college football world thinks about FCS? Lol

Their "decent" is better than our "best". From a TV coverage, competition, etc. standpoint.

I would 100x over rather win the MW championship game than the FCS at this point. And I live in Frisco...

I wonder what the FCS national championship viewership numbers would be if ESPN made any effort to market it. Just redirect 5% of the FBS national championship ads during the preceding week with some compelling commercials and I'll bet they would double viewership.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Let me try to bring a fresh angle on the FBS discussion. In the future, I think that TV revenue will be connected to digital subscriptions. I think this could be good for NDSU (and probably not good for UNI), as I think you have a strong base that will pay to watch (especially if they are paying less for cable). But the big thing that you have going for you is that others (myself for example) are interested in watching you. If you went FBS, I could see you guys getting some good competition for non-conference games. That would drive interest from the competition fan bases, as well as national interest. Unless you tanked after becoming FBS, I could see you getting a lot of selections from fans who want Top 25 + their conference + a few other teams of interest.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

In the past, I taught school in Buchanan, ND, but lived in Jamestown. I had a friend who worked at the "hospital". He told me that the only way to tell the difference between those who were residents and those who were employees was that the employees had keys.

I think the new thread w/stories is an absolute must. Can't wait to hear about the ones with CAS.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

They say the people you see going in and out of San Haven are actually ghosts eh. Stay away from teh elevator shaft eh.

Oh yeah and Disney plus is losing money eh so I wouldn't put too much into cypanths future revenue stream eh. Although I am paying for nfhs and enjoying it until we play in rugby eh. Rugby ain't got that figured out eh. Hopefully they'll get there soon eh.

Lardsin must go!