Page 1197 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 19769710971147118711951196119711981199120712471297 ... LastLast
Results 11,961 to 11,970 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    The PAC-9 was at best a $25M share group.
    What you call out is $10M share at best and worse travel.
    Right, and compare that to what the MW (and AAC) schools are getting now from their media deals. If they can afford it, it’s absolutely the best play.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If they can afford it, ...
    They shall be known as the broke PAC-Mountain conference.

Insiders saying Utes to the B12 tomorrow. B12 told the Utes their spot is saved but need an answer by the end of the weekend.

Arizona to make it official tonight at the BoR meeting.

https://twitter.com/GSwaim/status/16...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    They shall be known as the broke PAC-Mountain conference.
    At this point I’m being optimistic more than anything. It does seem like it would work, but there are definitely issues they’d have to sort out.

Hoping the B10 doesn’t want anything to do with CaliStan and they hold pat at 4. They can build a conference back with 4.
    *one day later*

At this point I’m being optimistic more than anything. It does seem like it would work, but there are definitely issues they’d have to sort out.

Hoping the B10 doesn’t want anything to do with CaliStan and they hold pat at 4. They can build a conference back with 4.
    I saw floated the idea that the BIG take Cal, Stanford and the Pacific Athletic Conference name. Go to 20 split east-west as Pac10 and Big10.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I saw floated the idea that the BIG take Cal, Stanford and the Pacific Athletic Conference name. Go to 20 split east-west as Pac10 and Big10.
    and then play a conference championship game.....they could call it the Rose Bowl...oh, wait.

god only knows where this ends.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

The Pac 12 owes Comcast 50 million bucks due to an overpay on the Pac 12 network. The soon to be 4 remaining members probably don't want to be on the hook for that just to keep the name. I am sure there will be litigation over all of this.

I believe Stanford will go independent in football and find some place for their others sports. Cal may be lumped in with OSU and WSU now. That would mean a 15 member MW should they go there.

I am sure none of those schools are happy and I feel bad for their fans. However, there is a reason they are left behind. Their brand is not strong enough to get AAC and MW schools to pay exit fees to join what would be a second G5 conference in the west. Not good..

It is still possible all 4 will land somewhere else. I am bummed this happening. I have lots of friends and family members who are Pac 12 graduates. My wife graduated from Oregon State.

Word in OKC Big XII media land is Arizona to announce Big12 invite in next day or so and Utah and Arizona State to follow

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    and then play a conference championship game.....they could call it the Rose Bowl...oh, wait.

god only knows where this ends.
    Everything old is new again, yet nothing is new under the sun.

PAC presidents meeting shortly to be presented a new Grant of Rights in a last ditch effort to see who is committed to the conference.

Potentially good news for us wanting to survive in some form.
    *one day later*