https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ower-5-schools
The NCAA sent out a four-page memo to all 32 Division I conferences this week detailing how the organization plans to cut back on distribution to leagues in six annual payout categories in order to pay the proposed $2.7 billion in damages...

According to a source, one smaller non-power football league was told in the NCAA memo that it would be expected to pay more than $2.5 million per year to help cover the costs of the settlement. A source in that CCA22 league said that amount is approximately 25 percent of the annual NCAA revenue for the schools in the league.

"We're not named in the lawsuit," said a source in a smaller league. "We don't have a voice in any of this. We're just being told what our taxation is."

Added another source in a CCA22 league: "This is incredibly unfair and has a dramatic impact. I'm losing about 10 percent of my operating budget. Do I cut two staff members in order for money to go to Zion Williamson? Ninety percent of the money in the suit projects to go to power five football and men's basketball players. The 40-percent payment for the power conference isn't proportionate."
Here's the new normal. No other way to say it, this is catastrophic to smaller programs.
In addition, we have:
NCAA v Alston - 9-0 SCOTUS decision that the NCAA violated anti-trust laws. Gave us NIL.
Johnson vs NCAA - ongoing case that will almost certainly result in all D1 athletes becoming employees.
Several others against schools, conferences, and NCAA. This is happening folks.