Page 1109 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 10960910091059109911071108110911101111111911591209 ... LastLast
Results 11,081 to 11,090 of 13493

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    XDSUs. No more, no less. Well how about we meet in the middle and bring the Montanas. USD and UND bring nothing to the table at all.
    Include UND and USD to go the Sun Belt route, or go without to go the CUSA route. How has the strategy of each conference worked out over the last decade or so? There's something to be said for conferences that have tighter geographic footprints and rivalries. Kind of a stretch to say UND brings nothing to the table when you look at the current options..

Quote Originally Posted by nodak651 View Post
    Include UND and USD to go the Sun Belt route, or go without to go the CUSA route. How has the strategy of each conference worked out over the last decade or so? There's something to be said for conferences that have tighter geographic footprints and rivalries. Kind of a stretch to say UND brings nothing to the table when you look at the current options..
    Man you guys do all kinds of mental gymnastics to try to make yourselves relevant. I mean I appreciate the energy but the ham sandwich I had for lunch today had about as much chance of going FBS as UND. Apparently not only does UND have the money to go FBS (they don’t) they will be the glue that holds the conference together.

Thanks for the laugh
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Apparently not only does UND have the money to go FBS (they don’t) they will be the glue that holds the conference together.
    You'd be well advised to not bring up finances after having to get a direct line item $4,800,000.00 bailout from this Legislature. And even that couldn't stave off all the academic cuts at NDSU.

See page 5: https://www.ndlegis.gov/assembly/68-...0232-05000.pdf

NO one wants your dumass athletic dept.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    You are assuming Stanford and Cal will want to stay with the lowlifes of the bottom PAC and MWC teams. I don’t see them staying in a gutted PAC.
    I will say yes they stay, but only if the conference burns down slowly and they get to drive all the economics of the new PAC XX conference. If the whole thing implodes and all the exit fees are wiped, they are not going to the MWC.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    You'd be well advised to not bring up finances after having to get a direct line item $4,800,000.00 bailout from this Legislature. And even that couldn't stave off all the academic cuts at NDSU.

See page 5: https://www.ndlegis.gov/assembly/68-...0232-05000.pdf
    Shortfall is on the academic side of the house. Thankfully our athletic department is much more self sufficient than say other schools within 100 miles of us.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Shortfall is on the academic side of the house.
    It still is North Dakota State University, yes? At least you're not neglecting football for education. (tip of cap to Groucho Marx in "Horse Feathers".)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    It still is North Dakota State University, yes? At least you're not neglecting football for education. (tip of cap to Groucho Marx in "Horse Feathers".)
    So your expectation is that NDSU football subsidizes the academic part of the university? Hmm what was that I was saying about you guys and your mental gymnastics?

We have established about ten times now that NDSU would have a low to middle conference budget day 1 in the conference, just based off additional conference revenue in either the MW or MAC. I’m not rehashing that again if you’ve forgotten.
    *one day later*

Not what I said. You're twisting.

NDSU needs to pay as much attention to academics as football. And fiscally it is not (see: needed bailout).

Lol are you dumb or just an ass?

In this case I believe they are not mutually exclusive.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery