Page 479 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481489529579979 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    G5 playoff would do it.
    Fair enough. What happens if a G5 playoff or a larger format FBS playoff comes about with a couple spots for the G5 and the current FBS schools make it more difficult for FCS schools to move up to FBS therefore locking NDSU into FCS because we were unwilling to get more aggressive about moving to the FBS prior to a playoff expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    here's the deal. after Frisco this year

NDSU will be 150-12 w 9 FCS TITLES & 9 FBS wins since 2007.

literally what the fuck else is there to prove at FCS?
    NDSU is losing the casual fan AND some hard core fans
    Absolutely LOSING THEM .... they might not come back!

So how do you sustain them & gain more?

do the same ol same ol? or make a campaign to petition the Mountain West?

Can’t do that!
    This guy has already determined that won’t happen……

Originally Posted by El_Chapo

yea lets face facts with the Mountain West:

Colorado State got their shit handed to them by US and SDSU, they wont invite us
    Wyoming Bohl won't invite us because he knows we are a better program
    Boise State doesn't want anyone with a "novelty" sharing the limelight.
    UNLV and the other shit teams know that NDSU is better than them.
    Fresno/San Jose/Hawaii/San Diego don't want to fly to Fargo

so F em.

CUSA/AAC into BIG 12 in 10 years works for me!

……unless of course you can convince him to move the goalposts…
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-24-2021 at 01:39 PM.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So after all these years, there's been zero proposals that make sense. An FBS move should generate fan excitement and bring in new fans. Good luck with that from what the options are. Dwindling attendance will continue unless it's something legit. 20 year season ticket holder here just being real, deal with it.

Hopefully for Christmas you guys get "your way" and we can be on the ESPN ticket like Wyoming on 12/21 sometime so watch players sprinkle French Fries on Entz in front of a crowd full of parents. Sounds amazing.
    Dont forget Road!!!!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

An electric atmosphere in Frisco today. BIG TIME.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    Fair enough. What happens if a G5 playoff or a larger format FBS playoff comes about with a couple spots for the G5 and the current FBS schools make it more difficult for FCS schools to move up to FBS therefore locking NDSU into FCS because we were unwilling to get more aggressive about moving to the FBS prior to a playoff expansion?
    What if my aunt had balls.

That's not going to happen.

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What if my aunt had balls.

That's not going to happen.
    I’m not suggesting that it is inevitable but it is absolutely possible. There are no absolutes in the future and I think that possibility should be factored into the decision by leadership. I’m sure more of those type of possibilities might come to light as part of the big ncaa meetings coming up. We’ll see.

Probably to be expected for two teams that are in the Missouri State/UNI/Sac State level of ability.

Reminder going 6-6 is not the goal, and playing in the Frisco bowl would not be a successful season.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Maybe give the fans a break. It's a long drive to get to the game for the UNT fans.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

I think there will be some changes coming in the next few years..You will likely get an opportunity to move up if you wish..

I would not be surprised if the MW has done some preliminary homework on NDSU. They do it for a number of schools..You are certainly a viable candidate..

Your location plays no role at all unless you pursue an all sports invitation..

'Football only' comes with subsidy requirements..Hawaii pays bigly to house their football in the MW.

The MW is not looking to add anyone at this point but maybe when this current tv deal expires in a couple years..

The door is not closed but it is not wide open either..Lot's of candidates out there..

The Frisco bowl game today with University of North Texas and Miami of Ohio, two 6-6 teams, is a good preview of the NDSU fate if we move to FBS.

The North Texas main campus is about 25 miles away from the Frisco stadium, they even have a satellite campus in Frisco among other places. North Texas has over 40,000 students, probably most from the DFW area. Probably a gazillion alumni in DFW. The game temperature was 75 degrees. Attendance wasn’t even half full. Pathetic for such a large, local school.

Such is the life of G5 schools in the 1 game bowl season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk