Page 195 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 951451851931941951961972052452956951195 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 13491

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: NDSU American Athletic Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    JMO, 6 team playoff sucks; make it 8 or keep it the way it is.
    While i agree and think 8 is the right number, 6 would make sense with 1 & 2 seeds getting a first round bye. As long as the 5 conferences get autobids, i think it's a great idea. if you go to 8, i think you'd see a G5 or 2 sneak in. Could maybe even make the 8th one in an auto-G5 birth... spitballin
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yep. Every P5 conference winner plus 1 at large. Top 2 teams get a bye. 5 Bowl game tie ins = Perfect format for the P5's.
    I could be wrong but they would probably keep it to all At Larges with only 6 teams.

Get rid of the stupid bowl games for the top 24 teams. Have a real playoff like every other sport known to mankind and be done with it. I'm tired of a few in P5 having a monopoly. Just like big tech the p5 power broker schools need to be knocked off their high horse.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Get rid of the stupid bowl games for the top 24 teams. Have a real playoff like every other sport known to mankind and be done with it. I'm tired of a few in P5 having a monopoly. Just like big tech the p5 power broker schools need to be knocked off their high horse.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    you had me until the big tech comment lol- they only provide the most services for the most people at the lowest price point and have increased the standard of living exponentially around the world for literally billions of people- but yes- lets PUNISH those companies for innovating- THAT'LL SHOW EM!

but yes- the P5 definitely has a monopoly and should do a much larger playoff. couldnt agree more
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I sure hope, for our own selfish reasons, Oregon makes it into the playoff. And to win it all would obviously be even better. To get the opportunity to play the defending FBS National Champs? Should we both win out, Champion vs. Champion!!
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    I sure hope, for our own selfish reasons, Oregon makes it into the playoff. And to win it all would obviously be even better. To get the opportunity to play the defending FBS National Champs? Should we both win out, Champion vs. Champion!!
    Imagine the hype for that one! FCS or no!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

if the AAC offerred NDSU a Invite on the contingency of a new on campus 45,000 stadium. would you build it?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    if the AAC offerred NDSU a Invite on the contingency of a new on campus 45,000 stadium. would you build it?
    45k? Ummm... That's probably not going to be filled anytime in the near future, even with FBS teams coming to play. 25 to 30k would be big enough I'd assume.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

30k would be plenty. If the stars aligned and the ball got rolling and expansion to 38k would probably be about it. Let’s just try to not have an empty seat in the Fargo Dome for the playoffs this year to start.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    30k would be plenty. If the stars aligned and the ball got rolling and expansion to 38k would probably be about it. Let’s just try to not have an empty seat in the Fargo Dome for the playoffs this year to start.

there will be empty seats if we dont get und or sdsu in the first 2 rounds.. no one is gonna go watch an exhibition game with furman or some such thing that will be over by halftime.