Page 1135 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 13563510351085112511331134113511361137114511851235 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,350 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

SDSU wanted to send resignation without resigning so that way when they actually resign after July 1st they can threaten to take it to court and have the MW schools say “ahh it ain’t worth it” and let them walk for $17M

Only reason why you’d follow the “commissioners office and 11 other schools” aspect

Now if they don’t leave they can try to say they didn’t send official notice and threaten litigation that way

Either way schools aren’t going to go to court, especially with all the fluidity going on in conference dynamics

If I was a betting man, I’d say that’s the calculus they were goofing around with
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Now what happens if SDSU gets their offer and then officially "officially" resigns on July 4?

Do both sides reverse their argument? Does the first "unofficial" letter where they asked for an extension count, or the follow-up letter where they claimed they weren't officially resigning yet?
    The whole thing seems a little bit fuzzy and possibly headed to court if an additional $17m is on the line.
    The first letters are the official notice. When the first sentence says..We intend to resign the MW, the rest of the stuff is pretty well moot..

SDSU can seek litigation if they wish. But, if they lose the case they will have to pay 34 million..I think they want to leave, notified all the conference members before June 30th and will leave next June 30th. Either way theMW gets an exit fee of some amount. There could be some negotiation but there is really no reason for the MW to do that. What the SDSU is trying to do is to get the 6 million dollar distribution issued after June 30th for the next fiscal year, now. Again, the MW is not obligated to do so if SDSU leaves before July 1st. They have said they "intend" to do so already. Messy, for sure but not uncommon in the realignment world of today

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    SDSU wanted to send resignation without resigning so that way when they actually resign after July 1st they can threaten to take it to court and have the MW schools say “ahh it ain’t worth it” and let them walk for $17M

Only reason why you’d follow the “commissioners office and 11 other schools” aspect

Now if they don’t leave they can try to say they didn’t send official notice and threaten litigation that way

Either way schools aren’t going to go to court, especially with all the fluidity going on in conference dynamics

If I was a betting man, I’d say that’s the calculus they were goofing around with

Right, it feels like they want to have their cake and eat it too.

"We sent notice of resignation, but didn't actually resign, yet" ... and MWC seems to be calling their bluff on that.
    It seems to me like *IF* SDSU doesn't actually leave, they'd have to try to re-negotiate their way back in now, and still might forfeit $17m.

The articles say "The intention of the June 13 letter wasn't that San Diego State is exiting." but on the flip side MWC very much seems to be treating it as an official exit now.

"We sent notice of resignation, but didn't actually resign, yet" ... and MWC seems to be calling their bluff on that.
    It seems to me like *IF* SDSU doesn't actually leave, they'd have to try to re-negotiate their way back in now, and still might forfeit $17m.

The articles say "The intention of the June 13 letter wasn't that San Diego State is exiting." but on the flip side MWC very much seems to be treating it as an official exit now.
    While SDSU will stick around in the MW for 23/4, they will most certainly officially join another conference Next July 1st. I guess, SDSU could rescind their resignation letter before midnight June 30th and try again next year, but that does not seem at all likely. They wouldn't have started negotiating for an extension, a decrease in the exit fee and an installment plan unless they knew they were leaving. The window is right now for either a Pac or Big 12 invitation. There may not be the same chance a year from now.

“We’re not breaking up, I’m just informing you of my intent to see other people. But I might be back. Don’t date other people while I’m gone” lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Interesting note about realignment. The Iowa State AD was on the radio today and talked about how they were seriously considering changing the name of the Big 12 until the four new teams strongly indicated that they want to keep the name "Big 12."
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

“We’re not breaking up, I’m just informing you of my intent to see other people. But I might be back. Don’t date other people while I’m gone” lol
    You broke the SDSUred code!

Lakes won’t like this:

McFeely: NDSU is ready and willing, but will FBS invite come when door soon cracks open?

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...on-cracks-open

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Lakes won’t like this:

McFeely: NDSU is ready and willing, but will FBS invite come when door soon cracks open?

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...on-cracks-open
    About as good as a press conference and some tweets.

https://youtu.be/9sCzNVAIInw