Page 1119 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 11961910191069110911171118111911201121112911691219 ... LastLast
Results 11,181 to 11,190 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    Honestly that map makes us look as close to the Sun Belt as to the Mountain West. We are...so far north...and so central...
    One difference though is that MWC has a much broader geography and is accustomed to a lot of air travel. SBC I think likely busses a lot of their games.

SBC would be fun, but the conference seems to have an intentionally tight geography. They also don't seem interested in expanding, and probably have someone like WKU or Missouri St on deck if they backfill. Those schools are adjacent to current members, and are said to be interested in joining.
    They won't likely reach to Montana or the Dakotas.

https://sportleaguemaps.com/ncaa/sun-belt/

https://sportleaguemaps.com/ncaa/mountain-west/

Quote Originally Posted by B.Schlossman Fan Club View Post
    I see why a remaining MWC member would think the sky is going to fall. The CUSA is not attractive to anyone including the current members. The MWC will not dissolve like your doomsday scenario. NDSU and the Montanas are really at the same level if not higher than all remaining MWC members once SDSU and Boise leave.
    I am unconvinced 4 FCS schools are at the same level or higher. However, my point remains; That rather than grasping for straws with several FCS schools, MW teams with options would leave. Even if it means CUSA. UTEP would not come. I don't think NMSU would either. Hawaii has explored independence and I think would take the opportunity to do so. the AAC has been courting AFA for years. Texas State would have no interest. So that would mean maybe 5 FBS schools and 7 FCS schools. I do not believe that would be recognized as a FBS conference by the NCAA..

It would be much better to drop football and not mess with any of that.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I am unconvinced 4 FCS schools are at the same level or higher. However, my point remains; That rather than grasping for straws with several FCS schools, MW teams with options would leave. Even if it means CUSA. UTEP would not come. I don't think NMSU would either. Hawaii has explored independence and I think would take the opportunity to do so. the AAC has been courting AFA for years. Texas State would have no interest. So that would mean maybe 5 FBS schools and 7 FCS schools. I do not believe that would be recognized as a FBS conference by the NCAA..

It would be much better to drop football and not mess with any of that.
    Oh, come on now.

You are suggesting the entire MWC would implode and go to places like CUSA if the top 4 FCS teams were added.
    And those MWC teams would run to a conference that just added 3 much much weaker FCS schools, along with other incredibly weak schools like FIU, to form a conference much more spread out and weaker than if they stay. And with a crappy media deal to boot that has 5 weeks of nothing but Tuesday and Wednesday midweek games on CBSSN.

Ridiculous

I have seen this happen..The Big West sponsored football. Fresno, San Jose , Nevada and Boise left and the conference no longer sponsored football

The airport meeting formed the MW but the WAC continued on. TCU, Rice, UTEP, SMU and Tulsa left..Nevada, Fresno and Hawaii left. The WAC filled in with a couple FCS schools but USU and SJSU left and the WAC ceased to be.

To suggest that the MW could collapse is not as far fetched as you might think.

Fortunately, I think the Pac 10 is going to survive pretty much intact. The MW could still lose a school or two. That does not mean they would add FCS schools. Once a panic like that starts airport meetings happen..

A new conference could emerge. The remaining schools could hook up with a couple of the best of the CUSA, Maybe add Texas State. Maybe get Tulsa back. Maybe UTSA and Rice.

I know you guys want to move up and that is admirable but adding 4 FCS schools makes zero sense for the MW.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I have seen this happen..The Big West sponsored football. Fresno, San Jose , Nevada and Boise left and the conference no longer sponsored football

The airport meeting formed the MW but the WAC continued on. TCU, Rice, UTEP, SMU and Tulsa left..Nevada, Fresno and Hawaii left. The WAC filled in with a couple FCS schools but USU and SJSU left and the WAC ceased to be.

To suggest that the MW could collapse is not as far fetched as you might think.

Fortunately, I think the Pac 10 is going to survive pretty much intact. The MW could still lose a school or two. That does not mean they would add FCS schools. Once a panic like that starts airport meetings happen..

A new conference could emerge. The remaining schools could hook up with a couple of the best of the CUSA, Maybe add Texas State. Maybe get Tulsa back. Maybe UTSA and Rice.

I know you guys want to move up and that is admirable but adding 4 FCS schools makes zero sense for the MW.
    No one is running to the CUSA unless they ditch their lowly FCS hitchhikers that are keeping the conference from imploding. These are not just 4 FCS teams, they are the top 4 FCS programs in the country. A gutted MWC would gladly take them in it meant keeping the conference alive. Most of the remaining MWC would have to check their inflated ego at the door!

No one is running to the CUSA unless they ditch their lowly FCS hitchhikers that are keeping the conference from imploding. These are not just 4 FCS teams, they are the top 4 FCS programs in the country. A gutted MWC would gladly take them in it meant keeping the conference alive. Most of the remaining MWC would have to check their inflated ego at the door!
    Speaking of inflated ego..

No AFA, No Hawaii means 5 leftover MW schools. There is no ego, inflated or otherwise in those 5..I seriously doubt even FCS schools would want to join that..No tv deal, no chance at the CFP, ever. Dead man walking..

However, like I said, I do not anticipate the MW getting gutted as you guys are are hoping and praying for.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    TIF and PILOT is not a subsidy (direct payment). Roers got TIF from City of Fargo for building apartments near NDSU. Same thing.
    The hell it's not a subsidy. If your taxes are reduced you're being subsidized by the GF taxpayers. Did Roers build on the campus like is being done at und? Apples and Oranges. It's a sweetheart deal between the city, developer, and und. Who's providing the utilities? what's the rent? what's cost of the rooms? Who owns the building? It's such a poorly reported story, but that's the way GF like it.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    maybe we could just join the CFL bro how about that winnipeg bombers would be great travel partners bro and UND could come canada loves hockey and meth
    If you can figure out how CFL roster slots work ...
    https://3downnation.com/2023/06/07/o...s%20per%20game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    The hell it's not a subsidy. If your taxes are reduced you're being subsidized by the GF taxpayers. Did Roers build on the campus like is being done at und? Apples and Oranges. It's a sweetheart deal between the city, developer, and und. Who's providing the utilities? what's the rent? what's cost of the rooms? Who owns the building? It's such a poorly reported story, but that's the way GF like it.
    It's right there on the public agenda of the GF City Council: https://www.grandforksgov.com/Home/C...Event/9485/459 ... Item 5.2, with all the documents.

I'll save you some time; read the Background section: https://www.grandforksgov.com/home/s...04333077870000

It's presently untaxed (UND) property, so there's no "reduction".
    The dirt is being transferred to UNDAA&F (taxable).
    When the building (owned by Burian Associates, market rate shops and apartments) comes online it's taxable.
    Seems GF is gaining tax base in this deal.

Look at 19th and U (Casey's) or 12th and U (Newman) at NDSU. Same things.