Page 680 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 1805806306706786796806816826907307801180 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Right, exactly my point. How many more households will the MW be in if they add UTEP and NM State? This has been my entire point. It adds 0 eyeballs. They're already on TV in those markets.

NDSU isn't ideally placed for the MW, that's not news to anyone. But in the case that they are trying to add, my argument is that they have a very high floor and probably the highest ceiling of their options. Certainly better than UTEP and NMSU. All I'm saying.
    According to you, it is about the fans and the brand, so the MWC has none of the NMSU and UTEP eyeballs right now. Would they add less than UM/NDSU? Very possible in the grand scheme of things. But NMSU does bring a pretty damn good basketball brand with them.
    Either way, the MWC media contract would not be significantly different if they added NMSU/UTEP or UM/NDSU (or MSU).
    In the event they do need to add, at least one of the options keeps a tight footprint and has cost lower for travel, plus adds some regional rivalries. Not saying that makes it more or less likely, but pretending its better than a coinflip is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    There you go thinking only about football again. MSU has over 50% higher enrollment and a substantially better basketball program. Football is effectively a wash between the 2, but it's a moot point since neither will go without the other.

Also, FANS are talking about going to the MWC because all the other G5 have already passed on us. There's been absolutely no indication the MWC has looked at us seriously. Echo chambers are dangerous.
    What sport drives the bus? Conference realignment at D1 is not being driven by non-football sports. The MW may be shifting some more focus to bball. That doesn't mean football is taking a back seat to it. Weber has a higher enrollment and better basketball than the Montanas and is better located than any school mentioned in this thread. Should they get looked at? No, because the big money-making sport for the conference doesn't make any money at Weber.

You hear what you want to hear and then argue against words you put in peoples' mouths. I know the MW isn't looking at us right now, I've never said that they are. I've said that IF they were looking at schools, likely as a result of losing current members, NDSU could and should be one of the first places they look. This is an NDSU fan site in a thread where people speculate about conference realignment. What is your expectation of what you're going to read in here?
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    According to you, it is about the fans and the brand, so the MWC has none of the NMSU and UTEP eyeballs right now. Would they add less than UM/NDSU? Very possible in the grand scheme of things. But NMSU does bring a pretty damn good basketball brand with them.
    Either way, the MWC media contract would not be significantly different if they added NMSU/UTEP or UM/NDSU (or MSU).
    In the event they do need to add, at least one of the options keeps a tight footprint and has cost lower for travel, plus adds some regional rivalries. Not saying that makes it more or less likely, but pretending its better than a coinflip is just silly.
    So NDSU/Montana has UTEP/NMSU beat in both the points you're trying to make and the points I'm trying to make. Nice.

You do have a point about the travel between NMSU and UTEP. Although the MW has had many opportunities to add them in the past and I don't think they've gotten a sniff either.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    What sport drives the bus? Conference realignment at D1 is not being driven by non-football sports. The MW may be shifting some more focus to bball. That doesn't mean football is taking a back seat to it. Weber has a higher enrollment and better basketball than the Montanas and is better located than any school mentioned in this thread. Should they get looked at? No, because the big money-making sport for the conference doesn't make any money at Weber.

You hear what you want to hear and then argue against words you put in peoples' mouths. I know the MW isn't looking at us right now, I've never said that they are. I've said that IF they were looking at schools, likely as a result of losing current members, NDSU could and should be one of the first places they look. This is an NDSU fan site in a thread where people speculate about conference realignment. What is your expectation of what you're going to read in here?
    Montana is the dying University in the state, and MSU is the thriving university. Swap the football programs and it is a no brainer but I would dare to say MSU is better suited right now to move to the FBS than Montana. All Montana has going for it is it has a historically successful football program which won’t carry the university as far as you think. We all need to check out football centrist views because a good football program is not the only thing conferences look at!

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    What’s the reason for them to change anything as of right now? if they lose zero schools they’re in great shape when the G5 is split from the P5.
    My point was that they are obviously very aware of the changes that have been happening in realignment and they are absolutely thinking about stability moving forward and if and when there is more shake up how they are going to react to that shake up. You think they don't have a draft board type plan for each scenario they can dream up? I wasn't saying they are actively recruiting new schools at this moment.

There are so many things out of your control that would have to break your way for NDSU to be invited to the MW. That is also the case for other schools that have sought an invitation as well.

The big boys will do their merry go round stuff and we will have to see how that effects the MW. The MW doesn't control any of that.

We just have to see how this round of conference jumping plays out before any decisions can be made.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    we have a lot to offer. especially in All Sports. NDSU would dominate these regional pud schools in Recrutiing for baseball track soccer softball volleyball. PLUS we could use UNI SDSU usd und Montanas as our minor leagues and pluck 1-2 top players per year off or them

a chance to say you are FBS & play Power 5 teams in OOC.

usd? Did you OK that with Yote53?

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    There are so many things out of your control that would have to break your way for NDSU to be invited to the MW. That is also the case for other schools that have sought an invitation as well.

The big boys will do their merry go round stuff and we will have to see how that effects the MW. The MW doesn't control any of that.

We just have to see how this round of conference jumping plays out before any decisions can be made.
    MWC - Do you think the reason the Mountain West is content standing pat even if they lose two team is because of money? I thought the last rights deal was something like 4 million per team. If that’s true just let the original members keep the exit fees and charge NDSU an entry fee to stop member dilution during the current deal. I would think all bets would be off for the next deal if the San Diego market is moved into the PAC 10.

In a very selfish way I would like to how NDSU would do for ratings in the late game FS2 slot in the MSP market. Assuming the Gophers play at 11:00,per usual, the metros closest G5 program is probably Norrhern Ill. Seems like a second program with alumni and proximity could value add.

I don't think it is just about money. The conference got to 12 by accident. The conference came into being as a direct result of the WAC 16 experiment. Bigger isn't always better and in MW history not the key to stability either. I would guess even minus SDSU the tv deal would be about the same..It is not as contingent on population as it is by time zone tv slots.

It should be noted that for almost every MW school, the tv deal represents less than 10 percent of their revenue. The conference works because of long time rivalries and regionality.

The MW could well lose a couple schools but there is still a lot of schools who will be sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    I don't think it is just about money. The conference got to 12 by accident. The conference came into being as a direct result of the WAC 16 experiment. Bigger isn't always better and in MW history not the key to stability either. I would guess even minus SDSU the tv deal would be about the same..It is not as contingent on population as it is by time zone tv slots.

It should be noted that for almost every MW school, the tv deal represents less than 10 percent of their revenue. The conference works because of long time rivalries and regionality.

The MW could well lose a couple schools but there is still a lot of schools who will be sticking around.
    The rivalry part is what I don’t understand, adding say Montana, MSU, and NDSU you would get peer academic schools that would make the conference stronger, at least from a football perspective. Might sound kind of old school but adding schools that would fill their stadiums is a good thing, but watching the MAC and what’s left of the AAC, gross, half full at best.