Page 1313 of 1350 FirstFirst ... 313813121312631303131113121313131413151323 ... LastLast
Results 13,121 to 13,130 of 13492

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    " ... is likely to feature a long-term commitment to the conference with an intent at a full merger beyond this two-year cycle ..." <-- Is that enough to claim they're departing like all the rest. I bet it's weasel-worded just right to be non-binding, thus no 'departure'. But it'd be hilarious if just days after the 2PAC wins the suit for full control they screw it up with this.
    It appears that the sources for these reports are only on the MW side so far. I am unconvinced any of this will happen..However, if there is a merger it will likely be under the Pac banner. I don't think they will leave for the MW..

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    It appears that the sources for these reports are only on the MW side so far. I am unconvinced any of this will happen..However, if there is a merger it will likely be under the Pac banner. I don't think they will leave for the MW..
    If WasSU/OrSU wakes up one morning in an all-sports 'bed' with the MWC teams, does it matter what 'roof' it's under?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    If WasSU/OrSU wakes up one morning in an all-sports 'bed' with the MWC teams, does it matter what 'roof' it's under?
    If the Pac2 schools wish to continue collecting basketball credits for 5 more years, Rose Bowl revenue, use of the Pac 12 network facilities, etc..It matters.

The thing is, I am unconvinced there will be any merger or an invitation to the MW in the cards for the Pac 2 schools. They will try to use the money they receive over the next couple years to buy their way into a P4 conference.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MWC View Post
    If the Pac2 schools wish to continue collecting basketball credits for 5 more years, Rose Bowl revenue, use of the Pac 12 network facilities, etc..It matters.

The thing is, I am unconvinced there will be any merger or an invitation to the MW in the cards for the Pac 2 schools. They will try to use the money they receive over the next couple years to buy their way into a P4 conference.
    It seems equal or more likely they use that stash to rebuild the PAC.

The problem is that cash is a "one time" thing they can use. Great for helping without buyout fees for departing schools. But doesn't do much to boost income on a larger scale for the P4. It's peanuts when P4 are already landing $50m+ per school per year.

taper is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Conferences dropping is more common than you might think. Since the 1-A was formed for the 1978 season:
    Socon and Ivy dropped to FCS in 1982.
    MVC stopped sponsoring football in 1985, Big West in 2000, Big East in 2013(though that’s a bit more complicated), WAC in 2013.
    Big 8 legally dissolved and all its members formed a new Big 12 in 1994.
    Metro and Great Midwest merged to form C-USA in 1995.
    Southwest dissolved in 1996.
    The general trend is a major realignment in the first half of each decade that sees at least one conference leaving FBS. IMO PAC and C-USA are on the chopping block with their meaningful members just waiting for invites. ACC’s GOR is the only thing holding them together and they’re in a lot of trouble if that gets broken. If PAC still exists after this then they won’t be a “Power” conference anymore. The Big 12 has a new commissioner that appears to be excellent. That goes a long ways during times of crisis and uncertainty.
    Dragging up a post from over a year ago that aged well. Not that I'm some kind of Nostradamus, more that trends tend to repeat. I just like doing the research to find the trends. There's no doubt the P5 is now P4, remains to be seen if PAC rebuilds into G6 or merges into G5. I expect merge with MWC, meaning yet another conference dies in the first half of the decade.

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by taper View Post
    Dragging up a post from over a year ago that aged well. Not that I'm some kind of Nostradamus, more that trends tend to repeat. I just like doing the research to find the trends. There's no doubt the P5 is now P4, remains to be seen if PAC rebuilds into G6 or merges into G5. I expect merge with MWC, meaning yet another conference dies in the first half of the decade.
    Perhaps, except as of now, the PAC still exists, and only recently has the fight over control of it started to be resolved.

If the PAC rebuilds, it will be closer to Power status than some think, just like the fall of the B12 was predicted before it restocked with top G5 teams.

The danger for the G5 is that now poaching schools would not only weaken the other conferences, it would potentially suck up the last CFP autobid slot, and leave the other conferences without one. You could see the door on CFP access for the G5 slam shut entirely.

NDSU not getting Seeded is Reason #458 to leave this PUD fuck division!!

LETS GO .. HURRY UP
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU not getting Seeded is Reason #458 to leave this PUD fuck division!!

LETS GO .. HURRY UP
    You are correct, if we move up, we won't have to worry about our seeding in the playoffs...
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    You are correct, if we move up, we won't have to worry about our seeding in the playoffs...
    We would be 12th and we would deserve it instead of being 12th when we should have been 5th.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    We would be 12th and we would deserve it instead of being 12th when we should have been 5th.
    Being MWC champs and getting #12 auto seed into the CFP playing Florida State or Texas would be the biggest game in NDSU HISTORY Times 10000
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?