Page 426 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 326376416424425426427428436476526926 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,260 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Yeah, I guess I was wrong. Point taken with a smile

You have consider who the Bears would replace When I became a Bison fan, UND was D2 and the universe seemed normal and properly organized. For NDSU to go FBS, we need to rethink the "regional" rivalry thing. I guess that’s my point. Jacks would be great too, of course, but who’s to say they would be even interested. For that matter, who is to say MSU is, but they are being mentioned now (and I think they are unhappy with the direction the MVC is going?)

Heck, I'd be on board with a SHU conference rivalry. IMO the most important thing is timezone and Bison FB already has a significant presence in TX.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    So you're saying ML IS a part of those conversations...

Makes sense. Don't love the "watching closely" language. Seems passive, but I'm also nitpicking now. Just hope whatever happens is best for the University and leave it up to him and DB at this point.

I don't love Missouri State as a football rival. Great game on Saturday, but every game between then and 2010 has been a shit show. I remember going to the game in Springfield 3 or 4 years ago and there were more Bison fans than Bear fans. We scored four touchdowns before MSU had gotten a first down. Not a good program and will be bad once Petrino leaves.

NDSU can’t talk about current/ongoing external conversations regarding FBS move

COUGH COUGH BULL#HIT COUGH COUGH

NDSU to CUSA better happen 100% if Mo State/SIU takes that leap
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Sorry it sucked when GSU and App left. JMU is something else, they are the canary in coal mine that is screaming it is time to do something.

The Montana schools have no ambition and the MVFC schools worship at the alter of basketball. Those are not programs I think should be guiding our football thinking, not unless you yearn for the glory days of 90s NDSU football.
    Actually, it was the 80's

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    ML on 1660 (cliff notes)

Valley/Summit stable and improving, and that’s a good thing
    Top of FCS leaving for FBS is VERY concerning and NDSU is watching VERY closely

My thoughts

Here’s the thing about CUSA – They need at least 8 full-sports members, and after that they can consider FB-only, so NDSU has the luxury of waiting to see what they become before considering this option. If schools like MSU (Bears) and SIU opt to leave MVC for CUSA, you then suddenly have a viable FB-only regional FBS option for NDSU.

Personally, I’d be fine with replacing the UND FB "rivalry" with the Mo State Bears. The game Saturday was much more electric and intense, and had all the chemistry one would want for a new rivalry game, but that's just my opinion. I guess we'll see what happens.
    In other words, they haven't reached out to anyone, or even given FBS any serious consideration.

NDSU is way behind the mark on this one and is going to be left out of the party when this round of realignment is over with.

Yeah, I guess I was wrong. Point taken with a smile

You have consider who the Bears would replace When I became a Bison fan, UND was D2 and the universe seemed normal and properly organized. For NDSU to go FBS, we need to rethink the "regional" rivalry thing. I guess that’s my point. Jacks would be great too, of course, but who’s to say they would be even interested. For that matter, who is to say MSU is, but they are being mentioned now (and I think they are unhappy with the direction the MVC is going?)

Heck, I'd be on board with a SHU conference rivalry. IMO the most important thing is timezone and Bison FB already has a significant presence in TX.
    Would love Sammy. Their fans try to dish smack now (somehow? Lol) and geographically it’s close to me so that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    In other words, they haven't reached out to anyone, or even given FBS any serious consideration.

NDSU is way behind the mark on this one and is going to be left out of the party when this round of realignment is over with.
    This was my take on the ML comments as well. And of course 1660 didn’t push him at all.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    Actually, it was the 80's
    Actually it was the 2010s.

That said, 90s was more sarastic because of how awful things had become with DII's decline. The FCS is on the same path...Big Sky/MVFC will be like the NCC/MIAA and they will regionalize us into matchups in the playoffs. It will be like old times, wouldn't shock me if scholarship reduction talk heats up as well.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Actually it was the 2010s.

That said, 90s was more sarastic because of how awful things had become with DII's decline. The FCS is on the same path...Big Sky/MVFC will be like the NCC/MIAA and they will regionalize us into matchups in the playoffs. It will be like old times, wouldn't shock me if scholarship reduction talk heats up as well.
    Already get regionally paired. FCS is a joke and will kill NDSU football and all the success it has had.

Sad to see, but I guess my falls will be more open because I'm almost done now, just not interested in this division anymore.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Already get regionally paired. FCS is a joke and will kill NDSU football and all the success it has had.

Sad to see, but I guess my falls will be more open because I'm almost done now, just not interested in this division anymore.
    you and 5000 others as last week & this week loom

Halloween, Hunting & Harvesting & cold tailgate might sink us to 10k actual

this below ignites the fanbase

NDSU vs Mountain West teams Boise , Colo St.(Bison Home game) Wyoming (Bison home game) Air Force, San Deigo St Nevada Fresno, UNLV (Bison home game there!)

NDSU vs CUSA WKU, Lousiana Tech, UTEP, FIU, & MTSU.

NDSU V Sun Belt. Appy St JMU Coastal Georgia Southern
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ML on 1660 (cliff notes)

Valley/Summit stable and improving, and that’s a good thing
    Top of FCS leaving for FBS is VERY concerning and NDSU is watching VERY closely

My thoughts

Here’s the thing about CUSA – They need at least 8 full-sports members, and after that they can consider FB-only, so NDSU has the luxury of waiting to see what they become before considering this option. If schools like MSU (Bears) and SIU opt to leave MVC for CUSA, you then suddenly have a viable FB-only regional FBS option for NDSU.

Personally, I’d be fine with replacing the UND FB "rivalry" with the Mo State Bears. The game Saturday was much more electric and intense, and had all the chemistry one would want for a new rivalry game, but that's just my opinion. I guess we'll see what happens.
    Does SIU or MSU have high enough attendance to even think of joining FBS? Both were at ~6500 in 2019. I fell like they value being in the MVC WAY more than bringing their marginal FB programs to the FBS by moving all sports to the CUSA. Any MVC school is a stretch to leave that conference. Jacksonville St and Sam Houston are closer and better options for the CUSA