Page 422 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 322372412420421422423424432472522922 ... LastLast
Results 4,211 to 4,220 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    A president having a Director of Athletics that they couldn’t consult, lean on and trust for a decision like this would be a fool of a president. Dean Bresciani is not a fool.

Besides, Dean isn’t the one getting interviewed by the media on a monthly basis. Why would the media incessantly ask ML if he has no say in the matter?
    Read the quote from Craig Thompson again. He specifically says he's talking to “presidents” not “ADs”

Your blame is misdirected. The question is why. You're not alone in this line of thought, but it is misdirected

There is one Dakota school with support to make FBS work, maybe a 2nd. The other two would be dead weight.

The Montanas can’t even spell FBS and nor would they want to.

Best part is where you convince UNI and Illy State to leave the MVC. Ha!
    Don't really understand where the notion comes from that Montana and Montana St aren't FBS ready. They have among the least subsidized athletic departments in the FCS. Montana is about the only FCS school near NDSU in that regard. They both outdraw NDSU. They both have solid program tradition. Genuinely curious why some of you are so sure they're not FBS material given the standard for that seems to be getting lower by the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Don't really understand where the notion comes from that Montana and Montana St aren't FBS ready. They have among the least subsidized athletic departments in the FCS. Montana is about the only FCS school near NDSU in that regard. They both outdraw NDSU. They both have solid program tradition. Genuinely curious why some of you are so sure they're not FBS material given the standard for that seems to be getting lower by the minute.
    Oh no, they have everything to make it work, you’re right about that. It’s just that the Montana’s have been vocal in the past about not wanting to go FBS. And everyone I’ve talked to in their fan base is on board with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Read the quote from Craig Thompson again. He specifically says he's talking to “presidents” not “ADs”

Your blame is misdirected. The question is why. You're not alone in this line of thought, but it is misdirected
    Yeah I get your point; decision maker is president, person conference talks to is president, etc. I get that.

Let’s put it this way: you have a company. Company has a CEO with a bunch of department heads underneath. When it comes to decisions a department makes, that falls on department head. CEO has final buy off, but that person is responsible for the department. Overall hiring/firing, budgets, etc. is on department head.

Also, Bresciani has shown a lot of vision in advancing the university and has continually proven himself by sticking his neck out and advocating for the university. IMO, I and others haven’t seen that from Matt L and that can be adding to it.
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Oh no, they have everything to make it work, you’re right about that. It’s just that the Montana’s have been vocal in the past about not wanting to go FBS. And everyone I’ve talked to in their fan base is on board with that.
    I think they're getting antsy in Griz-land kinda like we are:

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi...1f9412fbb98d6c

No was is as antsy as we are though I doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think they're getting antsy in Griz-land kinda like we are:

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopi...1f9412fbb98d6c

No was is as antsy as we are though I doubt.
    Maaaan that’s how we sounded 5 years ago
    *one day later*

NDSU it's beyond time to get your statement out in the public about "NDSU would welcome a FBS invite if offerred"
    who cares what the MFVC says or their member!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

New reshaped C-USA

West Division
    North Dakota State (football only)
    South Dakota State (football only)
    Montana (football only)
    Montana State (football only)
    Sam Houston State
    Stephen F Austin
    UTEP
    New Mexico State

East Division
    FIU *
    Louisiana Tech *
    Middle Tennessee *
    Western Kentucky *
    Jacksonville State
    Central Arkansas
    UMass (football only)
    UConn (football only)

Arkansas-Little Rock and UT-Arlington are rumored to be joining as full conference members but not in football so that would be 12 non football teams

Then when the Mountain West Collapses in a few years, the 2 Montana and 2 Dakota schools

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    New reshaped C-USA

West Division
    North Dakota State (football only)
    South Dakota State (football only)
    Montana (football only)
    Montana State (football only)
    Sam Houston State
    Stephen F Austin
    UTEP
    New Mexico State

East Division
    FIU *
    Louisiana Tech *
    Middle Tennessee *
    Western Kentucky *
    Jacksonville State
    Central Arkansas
    UMass (football only)
    UConn (football only)

Arkansas-Little Rock and UT-Arlington are rumored to be joining as full conference members but not in football so that would be 12 non football teams

Then when the Mountain West Collapses in a few years, the 2 Montana and 2 Dakota schools
    right now I like every plan that has us going FBS. But I really like this configuration. However, if CUSA saves us from FCS, I wouldn't be in any hurry to join MWC or bail them out. If we've got the Montanas and South Dakota State in the CUSA, we don't really need Wyoming or New Mexico or Nevada.
    Last edited by Professorbum; 10-23-2021 at 07:08 AM.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU it's beyond time to get your statement out in the public about "NDSU would welcome a FBS invite if offerred"
    who cares what the MFVC says or their member!
    At this point the rest of MVFC and FCS has to be licking their chops at the idea of NDSU moving up. I’m surprised UNI and Illinois State haven’t gifted us seed money to get us the hell out of the conference.
    *one day later*