Page 381 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 281331371379380381382383391431481881 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I tell ndsu every time they call.. go FBS & ill give $2500/ year and I could get 100 people to do that at the drop of a hat if NDSU admin gets us into Mountain West or American conf

NDSU vs USC in LA Bowl Dec 31 would trump 8 fcs titles it'd be amazing

playing big non conference games not Valpo/Albany

Recruiting would be so much better, we'd grab top 4 guys from each regional teams, use them as our freakin farm system.

"oh sdsu has a great linebacker?... psst come to FBS NDSU year"

boom done
    I actually believe that FBS is the majority position now among both serious and casual NDSU fans. Unfortunately, I still think we may have missed the boat by waiting too long. Most of the stories about realignment do not even mention NDSU. And we still have no public statement that NDSU definitively would like to go FBS. Imagine a press conference in which ML lays out all the reasons why NDSU would be a good catch for any FBS conference and dispels all the myths and weak arguments against such a move. Fans of other conferences and sports writers would take note and start thinking out loud about the possibilities. But we haven't done that. That's on the administration. I very much hope we are looking at legal options for going FBS independent as a backup plan. FCS sucks; we don't belong in FCS any longer. No one will ever convince me otherwise.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I tell ndsu every time they call.. go FBS & ill give $2500/ year and I could get 100 people to do that at the drop of a hat if NDSU admin gets us into Mountain West or American conf

Recruiting would be so much better, we'd grab top 4 guys from each regional teams, use them as our freakin farm system.

boom done
    I thought for as much shit as you talk and what a baller you are it would be waaaaaaay more $$$$$$
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    yes, we absolutely could and already do out recruit G5/P5 teams regularly if you did an ounce of research you would see that, and also doing it as a fucking FCS team, finish the IPF and add a B instead of the C it totally changes things. Multiple times kids with F"B"S offer's that committe3d to F"C"S NDSU said that NDSU'S facilities are better or equal to many.

Try again
    NDSU recruits way less three star recruits than most G5 teams, not saying our recruits are not talented but they are not as top rated. Just because we steal a couple recruits from P5 teams doesn’t mean we out recruit G5 /P5 teams as a whole. This isn’t a slam dunk like you assume it will be.

At least you are not as crazy to think we are to get a NY6 bowl with USC……

boom done
    You said the same shit years ago----that when Simmers left you would be upping your donation big time and you could get hundreds to join in as well.

Keep moving those goal posts.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Today I Learned Lakes wants SDSU's players.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

oldmantutters is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I actually believe that FBS is the majority position now among both serious and casual NDSU fans. Unfortunately, I still think we may have missed the boat by waiting too long. Most of the stories about realignment do not even mention NDSU. And we still have no public statement that NDSU definitively would like to go FBS. Imagine a press conference in which ML lays out all the reasons why NDSU would be a good catch for any FBS conference and dispels all the myths and weak arguments against such a move. Fans of other conferences and sports writers would take note and start thinking out loud about the possibilities. But we haven't done that. That's on the administration. I very much hope we are looking at legal options for going FBS independent as a backup plan. FCS sucks; we don't belong in FCS any longer. No one will ever convince me otherwise.
    If this administration would have had any backbone or foresight, they wouldn't have even had to have been real frontal with their desire to move up. After Appy and Georgia Southern and Coastal all moved up they could have made a statement saying they were disappointed to lose competition and other schools that have provide solid competition. And that if more schools are going to make that jump then NDSU needs to take a serious look at doing the same or risk being in a situation similar to the one they left when they made the jump from D2.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    If this administration would have had any backbone or foresight, they wouldn't have even had to have been real frontal with their desire to move up. After Appy and Georgia Southern and Coastal all moved up they could have made a statement saying they were disappointed to lose competition and other schools that have provide solid competition. And that if more schools are going to make that jump then NDSU needs to take a serious look at doing the same or risk being in a situation similar to the one they left when they made the jump from D2.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Perhaps if their wasn’t a full frontal assault on higher education in general and NDSU specifically from Bismarck the administration could have made this a more public priority sooner?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Perhaps if their wasn’t a full frontal assault on higher education in general and NDSU specifically from Bismarck the administration could have made this a more public priority sooner?
    Will the full on assault involve closing down 96 of the 100 colleges in this state of about 790k? Asking for a friend.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Today I Learned Lakes wants SDSU's players.
    if NDSU was FBS last 3 years we could've easily plucked Goedert, Weineke & ankle ripper.. and Cubbys.. could've seen that bar right across from.Chubs Pub
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    Will the full on assault involve closing down 96 of the 100 colleges in this state of about 790k? Asking for a friend.
    Well even if keeping the redundant schools open didn't help the outstate districts, it takes money away from NDSU so they'd keep them open anyways. To Audit's point.

Further to his point, I wonder if the Bresciani situation changes anything with the University's prerogative to piss off (or not piss off) the SBOHE. Not like we have a president they can fire at this point, but we may be hamstrung from defending ourselves if they pull some sheister move and reduce our funding if we were to get uppity and want better for ourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*