Page 587 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 874875375775855865875885895976376871087 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,870 of 13484

Thread: A new and better FBS thread

Default Re: A new and better FBS thread

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    PAC did this also. Reading up on it, I think it's more about trying to get their two best teams into the conference title game, to improve odds of NY6/CFP bids.
    This was all kicked off when the rules changed to allow a conference championship games without having divisons. It seems a lot of conferences are considering dropping divisions now.
    Agreed. Nothing nefarious, which is something everyone thinks these days ABOUT EVERYTHING!
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    But Chapo has all the financial contacts that even President Breschani did not have. All he has to do is send the text.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

PAC did this also. Reading up on it, I think it's more about trying to get their two best teams into the conference title game, to improve odds of NY6/CFP bids.
    This was all kicked off when the rules changed to allow a conference championship games without having divisons. It seems a lot of conferences are considering dropping divisions now.

I've always thought that playing a conference championship game introduces all sorts of risk related to NY6/CFP opportunities. If you have undefeated team, why take the risk? The only compelling reason is for the money that a conference championship game brings. Although I don't know if that is even big enough for a MWC team to take the risk.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    I thought this was an interesting line...

Bresciani said NDSU is the least-subsidized athletic department in the three conferences in which its teams compete (Missouri Valley Football Conference, Summit League, Big 12).
    I thought the big boys were pretty self-sufficient?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I thought this was an interesting line...

I thought the big boys were pretty self-sufficient?
    If truthful, he must be getting a little creative with the criteria.

Possibilities:
    Not counting Texas and Oklahoma because they're moving to the SEC.
    Only counting the Big XII wrestling schools and not the whole Big XII.
    Using subsidy as a percentage of the athletic budget in some cases, but as an absolute value in others.

The go to source was always USA Today, but that's now behind a paywall.

sounds like Dean isn't listening to his "TEXAS A&M" mindframe.. but has been corrupted by the "STONY BROOK" mindframe

Plus, Dean isn't gonna bag on his BOSS David Cook and set him up for failure.

David Cook should bring in his OWN AD and Tell that AD. "If you don't get us into the Mountain West in 2 years, Youre FIRED"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    sounds like Dean isn't listening to his "TEXAS A&M" mindframe.. but has been corrupted by the "STONY BROOK" mindframe

Plus, Dean isn't gonna bag on his BOSS David Cook and set him up for failure.

David Cook should bring in his OWN AD and Tell that AD. "If you don't get us into the Mountain West in 2 years, Youre FIRED"
    Brilliant ... I'm sure dozens of well qualified AD's will line up for that death march edict.

If we just fire enough Presidents and AD's, the MWC will have pity on us
    Why didn't anyone think of this sooner?

Brilliant ... I'm sure dozens of well qualified AD's will line up for that death march edict.

If we just fire enough Presidents and AD's, the MWC will have pity on us
    Why didn't anyone think of this sooner?
    orrr. we get someone with some balls and not an east coast elitist softie.

HES COASTIN & AINT GONNA UPSET HIS APPLE CART...

COOK should bring in his own people & get FBS moving here at NDSU. Alot of people pushed to get Cook this job because he has a Big 12 guy, time to pay it off.

151-12 in last 11 years & 9 titles ....and the fcs is watered down badly at this point.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    orrr. we get someone with some balls and not an east coast elitist softie.

HES COASTIN & AINT GONNA UPSET HIS APPLE CART...

COOK should bring in his own people & get FBS moving here at NDSU. Alot of people pushed to get Cook this job because he has a Big 12 guy, time to pay it off.

151-12 in last 11 years & 9 titles ....and the fcs is watered down badly at this point.
    Stony Brook is not elitist. Idk how many times I have to tell you this. Its a major New York public university on Long Island. Anyone who has been to Long Island can tell you it's not exactly elitist. The stereotype of Long Islanders are working class people who take the train to work in New York City. Lots of cops, firemen, nurses, tradesmen, etc.
    College of Business Alumnus