Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2015 schedule

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2015 schedule

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    It only takes one photo of a "Sioux suck" shirt on twitter or facebook and you've got a national news story.

I don't see chants getting turned into a national news story. The Herald will go crazy but the rest of the country will go "Vulgar chants at a football game? Since when is that news?"
    I am afraid that the SSS chant will be overwhelming at gameday if they came for the UN_ game. Therefore, I would rather ESPN didn't come back then come for that game. Can you say, "Public Relations Disaster."
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Is the NDSU/Unod football game on Sept. 19th 2015, the only game in America that weekend? Why would Game Day come to Fargo when USC/Stanford; Georgia Tech / Notre Dame; Iowa/Pitt..et al are also playing. Wow !! Screw the Sioux !! Don't want GD in Fargo that weekend.

It only takes one photo of a "Sioux suck" shirt on twitter or facebook and you've got a national news story.

I don't see chants getting turned into a national news story. The Herald will go crazy but the rest of the country will go "Vulgar chants at a football game? Since when is that news?"
    I agree. The image would be much, much worse. Chants are vulgar a lot and are usually disregarded. Shirts can live on in social media infamy.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    What the hell does that mean? We've signed almost every recruit that both teams wanted for the last 4 years and our player development is by FAR the best in the FCS and we're probably among the best 20 schools in the country in that category. To consistently have one of the best 50 programs in the country while losing the recruiting battle to almost every FBS school should tell you something.

This is a PROGRAM. UN_ is going to get slaughtered by NDSU next season, and to be honest, if they came to Fargo and we played our entire second string defense we'd slaughter them right now. NDSU doesn't rebuild they reload. DeLuca, PGT, Stumpf, Hahn, Smith and Board will be just fine next year replacing a bunch of NDSU hall of famers.
    many ppl also said we would slaughter them in basketball

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post

This. Don't forget, you could make the argument that next year's game is the most important thing to happen to their athletic program in the last decade plus, and not get laughed out of the room. While NDSU is focused on winning the conference and a possible four peat, they are focused on one thing... The Bison. Should it be a beat down? Yes. Will it? TBD.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    This. Don't forget, you could make the argument that next year's game is the most important thing to happen to their athletic program in the last decade plus, and not get laughed out of the room. While NDSU is focused on winning the conference and a possible four peat, they are focused on one thing... The Bison. Should it be a beat down? Yes. Will it? TBD.
    The old "flying monkeys" will do their best to distract NDSU's team as well. I'm glad we're getting this first game out of the way but it will be an agonizing buildup

Since it became affiliated with a tribal nation...those guys will "SIOUX" you over anything.....see what I did there

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Basketball and football are very different. Upsets are much more likely in hoops, you can rebuild very quickly because you can turn it around in one recruiting class. In football it takes multiple recruiting classes...Bubba has to build for 2019 if he wants to take us down. It is going to be a slaughter next year, UN_ has no offensive talent.

Also we did crush in UN_ in hoops in the first game and really our team was well below average that season.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Basketball and football are very different. Upsets are much more likely in hoops, you can rebuild very quickly because you can turn it around in one recruiting class. In football it takes multiple recruiting classes...Bubba has to build for 2019 if he wants to take us down. It is going to be a slaughter next year, UN_ has no offensive talent.

Also we did crush in UN_ in hoops in the first game and really our team was well below average that season.
    True but I think my point still stands. No guarantee we will be awesome every year. We lose the heart and soul of our defense. We've done a great job with turnover the last several seasons but no guarantee the next guys up (lose all 3 starting LB for example) will come in and replicate the same success. IMO I think Bubba will turn them around eventually. Next season does have me nervous with a lot of new guys on D trying to fill in some big spots. However we will return a lot on offense and should be solid there. Chances are we will beat them next season, but not by the margin people are expecting most likely. 2019 who knows.

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Any given Saturday. Not sure why fans talk so much sh*t there's only 1 thing that can happen from that and it's not good.