Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 schedule

Default 2015 schedule

This might be a dumb question, but are we trying to schedule a 4th non-conference game for 2015 or are we good with the 8 conference games +3 non-con? Seems like an opportunity for a 7th regular season home game.
    Now this is the law of the prairie
    As old and as true as the sky
    And the Bison that keep it will prosper
    And the Bison that break it will die
    As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk
    This law is the final word:
    For the strength of the Herd is the Bison
    And the strength of the Bison is the Herd.

Default Re: 2015 schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Herd12 View Post
    This might be a dumb question, but are we trying to schedule a 4th non-conference game for 2015 or are we good with the 8 conference games +3 non-con? Seems like an opportunity for a 7th regular season home game.
    There's only 12 Saturdays next year between Labor Day weekend and Thanksgiving so, per NCAA rules, back to 11 game schedules (until 2019 I think).

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    i know what game I'd buy out so NDSU can give Carson a shot in his senior year to showcase his skills vs a big school please!
    Didn't Carson already do that this year at Iowa State? Also, why the hell would we buy out of a home game?!! And why would be go on the road and not have 6 home games?!! How can anyone take anything you say seriously when you have this stupid logic.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    There's only 12 Saturdays next year between Labor Day weekend and Thanksgiving so, per NCAA rules, back to 11 game schedules (until 2019 I think).
    So that rule only applies to FCS, and not to the so called big dogs in FBS? Why doesn't the NCAA just make one set of rules for the pampered FBS schools and another for the majority of all other member schools?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    i know what game I'd buy out so NDSU can give Carson a shot in his senior year to showcase his skills vs a big school please!
    That could be college gameday #3 if we four peat and are undefeated.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That could be college gameday #3 if we four peat and are undefeated.
    Why would we want to have game day come here when we play UN_. We want to showcase our team not share the attention with those from up north. I am against playing them too, we are just helping build them up with this game and the pay day that we are giving them. Let them suffer without us.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So that rule only applies to FCS, and not to the so called big dogs in FBS? Why doesn't the NCAA just make one set of rules for the pampered FBS schools and another for the majority of all other member schools?
    That has everything to do with the playoffs. FBS teams, for the most part, play their last regular season games Thanksgiving weekend with some teams finishing up the next week. FCS leagues who compete in the playoffs can only play 11 games most years in order to be eligible to compete in the playoffs since they have to be done by the Sunday before Thanksgiving. In years like this year FBS teams have 2 or 3 bye weeks prior to bowl season.

Quote Originally Posted by bdg64 View Post
    Why would we want to have game day come here when we play UN_. We want to showcase our team not share the attention with those from up north. I am against playing them too, we are just helping build them up with this game and the pay day that we are giving them. Let them suffer without us.
    So by that argument we did incarnate word and Deleware State a HUGE favor. They should be FCS powerhouses anytime soon! This is bigger than the team from up north.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Listed below are the FBS teams that had offered NDSU a game in 2015:

533 In a row

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Listed below are the FBS teams that had offered NDSU a game in 2015:
    Looks good to me.