Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailgating Generator etiquette

Default Tailgating Generator etiquette

A quick comment on generator etiquette… If you bring a super loud generators to tailgating (you know who you are) have the common courtesy to set it up so you have to listen to it run… NOT the people beside you!!! Last Saturday we got all set up and started to party when it happened. Disrespectfully the guy three down from us sets up his Harbor Freight generator that he and his friends don’t want to listen to on the back side of his bus facing right at us. Not cool! If you are doing this to other tailgaters please stop and set the thing up on your side of the bus, or go get a better generator. Does this happen to anybody else or just me?

Default Re: Tailgating Generator etiquette

We had a guy behind our bus say something like "leave that fucking loud thing off" when ours kept dying.

Sorry..but you'll have to turn your music up louder. We do and don't hear it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I bought an attachment that mounts on the exhaust pipe of the generator. The claims are, it directs the exhaust fumes up above the vehicle away from people and muffles the sound. I believe the first claim about the fumes, I'm not so sure about the noise reduction.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

I have seen many mufflers and even cases for generators that help with sound. I have even seen some of then in the west lot, so that is a good. As annoying as it is, I think most people try and put their generator in a spot so it is not right by their neighbors. It's hard to do a lot of the time. Sometimes you just have to realize that people are running some serious stuff and need generators to power it. I bet when that noisy generator is powing a heater next to you in November and December, you may be more accepting.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Whine whine whine. Last year we parked across from someone that had a generator that surged and surged and surged. Never once complained, can't we all get along? If you are willing to throw in for a $2k generator, by all means, tell people to replace theirs. Until then, can it and park some place else. Turning the exhaust isn't going to make much of a difference, if it's loud, it'll be loud in any direction.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Plug in's for the lot?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Plug in's for the lot?
    Yeah, I don't see a problem with that...

"North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If they powered up those plug-ins... our spot would be on point. Got a light pole with two sets of receptacles on there.

Yeah, got super excited for the UIW game by a light pole...plugged in my phone charger, nothing. Bummer dude.
    check neg rep

Warning: It is the offseason. Trollolol may or may not be in full swing. Take a deep breath and eat a trolli burger before reading my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
    I'm tired of seeing the old Belushi clip from Animal House..."over? it's not over..." in the waning seconds of another loss to NDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    If they powered up those plug-ins... our spot would be on point. Got a light pole with two sets of receptacles on there.
    Are you talking the ones on the very west?

Sup with the people walking to stand and save spots prior to letting GA rigs in? I thought that was illegal. I'll contact simmers before next game and ask if the policy has changed because there were a lot of spot savers.

That's more annoying than a generator

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk