Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great FBS Debate Thread

Default Re: The Great FBS Debate Thread

What's the thought on how many years we have left in the dome? does it have 10- 20 more years or do people think it's a viable facility for longer than that?
    I have no idea- just kind of interesting to look out 20 years and speculate what things might look like

Quote Originally Posted by Bison55 View Post
    What's the thought on how many years we have left in the dome? does it have 10- 20 more years or do people think it's a viable facility for longer than that?
    I have no idea- just kind of interesting to look out 20 years and speculate what things might look like
    in 20 years I'm guessing the dome will be way too small

I would guess barring a total meltdown Fargo and the MSA will be upwards of 275-300k?

NDSU around 18k students?

but it's going to take, Donors and TAX dollars to build anything period and I don't see it happening
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

fargodome is OUT Dated for NDSU football the minute that BISON FANS cant get into to watch their favorite team. which is NOW!

Missingnumber. actually im a basketball guy, our basketball team got more national exposure with 1 NCAA win than all of football combined. So yes a BETTER CONFERNCE would help basketball.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think the G5 conferences become the new fcs with the old fcs schools that are willing to fund up to the appropriate scholarship level. I don't know what that number will be, maybe it stays at 63. The key would be to let the schools that don't want scholarship commitments in football to drop down with the exception of the military academies. That will have to be that next tier and working with a playoff system already in place keeps that level relevant.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    This might be too radical for some to digest but I could actually envision the FBS and FCS designations going away and everything becoming D1. The P5 conferences expanding to a max of 80 teams and having their own playoff format with never a thought of teams from any other conference being selected. Everybody else in D1 outside of those conferences participates in the NCAA Football Playoff with conference autobids subject to severe selection criteria.
    The BCS playoff (or whatever they call it) might need to include more than 10% of the eligible teams. I think 20% is more likely.

Wink Re: The Great FBS Debate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    in 20 years I'm guessing the dome will be way too small

I would guess barring a total meltdown Fargo and the MSA will be upwards of 275-300k?

NDSU around 18k students?

but it's going to take, Donors and TAX dollars to build anything period and I don't see it happening
    Its too small now and will be outdated in 5 years.

NDSU needs a 30000 plus stadium within 5 years, even if we don't move up.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Team makers leadership hasn't even scratched the surface, a big AD from a bigger college would've walked in and blew that up and fixed the price structure for grandfathered tickets and our sales approach.
    how many applicants did we get that were ADs from bigger schools?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    how many applicants did we get that were ADs from bigger schools?

Stony Brook is a bigger school.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Stony Brook is a bigger school.
    Wait what .... El cheapo speaks like it's Concordia.... Wait what's Concordia got for donors ...wow I just spun myself in a circle confused

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    Its too small now and will be outdated in 5 years.

NDSU needs a 30000 plus stadium within 5 years, even if we don't move up.
    If the approval and funding process were already underway, the likelihood of being complete in 5 years is very low. Possible but not likely.

mebisonII is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default What top 25 FBS teams could we beat - with a twist

This would have been a better topic for bye week, but here goes anyways. Below are the AP top 25 FBS teams. Which of them do you think we could possibly beat with this twist: we play on FCS terms, which means our team stays as is, but they have to drop 22 scholarships. And to make it more like FCS: at least half of the scholarships they drop have to be their starters.

(spent a lot of time in the car this weekend, and this was how I entertained myself)

AP Top 25
    RK TEAM RECORD PTS
    1 Florida State (34) 3-0 1439
    2 Oregon (12) 4-0 1400
    3 Alabama (6) 4-0 1377
    4 Oklahoma (4) 4-0 1343
    5 Auburn 3-0 1268
    6 Texas A&M (4) 4-0 1232
    7 Baylor 3-0 1143
    8 Notre Dame 3-0 967
    9 Michigan State 2-1 905
    10 Ole Miss 3-0 889