Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2008 UNI Game

Default Re: 2008 UNI Game

I was at that game too. I thought the Bison looked just flat and awful.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Funny thing about this - I remember in 2008 so many people saying we gave the top dog in the conference a run for their money blah blah blah...Im sitting there thinking did you even watch the game? We played like complete ass and should have lost by 3+ touchdowns.

Fast forward to yesterday - I was talking with a guy on the USD strength staff and the first words out of his mouth were "Man, the Griz gave NDSU a run for their money" Im sitting there thinking did you even watch the game? NDSU kicked their ass and should have won by 3+ touchdowns.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I remember our first few go arounds with UNI in the Valley. Offensively, we were not able to cope with that kind of defensive speed. Wasn't it the 09 game where we were sacked 10 times and had negative yards rushing.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I remember our first few go arounds with UNI in the Valley. Offensively, we were not able to cope with that kind of defensive speed. Wasn't it the 09 game where we were sacked 10 times and had negative yards rushing.
    This is what I remember from our first couple years in the Valley. Other teams were much faster (not just UNI - everyone seemed faster). After a few years, we developed the speed needed to compete and win. I remember reading something from Coach Kramer that you can coach speed, it's not all just natural (e.g. southern speed ). Which he clearly does very well.
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

I remember feeling that UNI was in control the entire game and at no point did we threaten to change the outcome. But because of the score, after the game I remember sounding alot like some of the Montana fans on Egriz. "We went toe-to-toe with them. A play here and there and we win! We'll get them next time!"
    Don't matter. FIVE-PEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonmike2 View Post
    I remember feeling that UNI was in control the entire game and at no point did we threaten to change the outcome. But because of the score, after the game I remember sounding alot like some of the Montana fans on Egriz. "We went toe-to-toe with them. A play here and there and we win! We'll get them next time!"
    Also would have accepted, "Don't turn the ball over five times and we win."

But the real problem I remember from that game is that UNI seemed to moving the ball at will in the first half. We were lucky that UNI didn't score 35 in the first half.

This thread is bringing back so many bad memories.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

But you look at the stats and easily conclude that we dominated the grizz way more than UNI did us

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just don't wanna think about that sack record set at the UNI game, however! I'd love to see Emanuel get even for his senior year with Kollmorgan on the blunt end

just a hunch!....I think we will beat UNI in a close one,( most think we will lose that one) lose at Missery ST the next week.......and MAYBE one other. 10-2 or 11-1......OK with 2 weeks off I am bored already.....2008 against UNI was a wake up call!