Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My expert analysis of the Fargo experience

Default Re: My expert analysis of the Fargo experience

Quote Originally Posted by loudsilverado View Post
    Just serve beer at the games and be done with it.

Sounds like an enterprising way to pay for video boards. I know it won't happen though.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

It would be hard to let people out at halftime to drink when they would have to leave the tailgate lots 30 minutes prior to the second half kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Great post; I know you got hard core into smack, but just want to touch on a couple of your key points so you are aware:

1. NDSU has some of the most draconian/stupid tailgating rules in the country. It is what it is and complaining seems to do no good.
    2. The video boards are a joke. It has been a regular problem getting updates in the Dome done. The Dome is owned by the City, and for some reason, things that are important to NDSU, their most important and most lucrative tenant, are not important to them. See updating lighting for HD and the turf history. The turf one was particularly embarrassing.
    3. The Wipeout thing is ancient. I have no idea just how far back it goes, but can assure you we did in way back in the early 90's.
    4. I am looking forward to visiting Missoula next year. Anything beats the drive from Sioux Falls to Fargo.....

The turf one isn't really that embarrassing if you see what the other options were prior to the upgrade *cough* UNIdome seams.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    I see there are people on egriz still talking shit about being attacked, and from what I can tell never even came to the game.

One guy has a bs story about getting in a scruff 10 yrs ago in Valley City, the exaggeration bleeds thru in the story.

I'm done over there now, we conquered on to the next
    That CDA guy is a over-the-top for humor poster. We don't have anyone exactly like him on BV, but think of the humor of TAB crossed with the snarkiness of NDB2. I'm pretty sure that Valley City story is total BS, and he wrote it expecting everyone there to recognize it as BS. The only moron who took it seriously was, you guessed it, griz1952.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    That CDA guy is a over-the-top for humor poster. We don't have anyone exactly like him on BV, but think of the humor of TAB crossed with the snarkiness of NDB2. I'm pretty sure that Valley City story is total BS, and he wrote it expecting everyone there to recognize it as BS. The only moron who took it seriously was, you guessed it, griz1952.
    The CDA guy's story sounded kind of familiar: http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ron_White I don't see the exact story but I'll keep looking.

Ah, but no punch line in his story... it just seems like one of those cut and paste jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Some of us know how to be resourceful if you know what I mean.

http://www.winerackbraflask.com/Beer...Fa_m7AodyX4Acg
    Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    Or just bring it in a liter bottle. I have, both accidentally and intentionally, brought liter bottles of alcohol into the dome and the stadium in Frisco by just putting them in the front pocket of a hooded sweatshirt and walking right past the door guys. For Natty #3 I was passing a bottle around the stands after every TD, and then finished the bottle down on the field during the trophy presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsGrizFan View Post
    Also with all the money in ND, theres gotta be a booster to pump a million bucks into getting new jumbo trons in the Dome for replays?
    I've been wondering the same thing for years. They are so outdated now and the program has been bringing in money.
    Why not upgrade the facillity?.... unless, of course, someone is planning on jumping to the Big XII and building a whole new dome!!!!!!!

New vid boards would be nice. Make it so it's another WOW factor.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    New vid boards would be nice. Make it so it's another WOW factor.
    Question---Are people watching the game on the field? If so why the clamor for new video boards? I dont understand it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Question---Are people watching the game on the field? If so why the clamor for new video boards? I dont understand it.
    I confess. Sometimes I do watch the board when they are at the other end to see how they are lined up.
    I always watch the replay
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans