Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone in the FCS beat NDSU besides NDSU? Serious question

Default Re: Can anyone in the FCS beat NDSU besides NDSU? Serious question

I am only really worried about that UNI game on the road. I very much agree with the original question asked. I do think SDSU is also very good, but that game is in Fargo, so going to be very tough on the Jacks. If it was at CAS, I'd give them a better shot.

So, I think UNI is the only team that could maybe beat NDSU "straight up" largely due to their beast RB. Outside of that, I think any other losses will be turnover messes where NDSU beats themselves.

Wentz is the real key. If he can really get the passing game humming in conference play, I feel very sorry for our opponents.....

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I am only really worried about that UNI game on the road. I very much agree with the original question asked. I do think SDSU is also very good, but that game is in Fargo, so going to be very tough on the Jacks. If it was at CAS, I'd give them a better shot.

So, I think UNI is the only team that could maybe beat NDSU "straight up" largely due to their beast RB. Outside of that, I think any other losses will be turnover messes where NDSU beats themselves.

Wentz is the real key. If he can really get the passing game humming in conference play, I feel very sorry for our opponents.....

I agree with your last statement.

Passing game gets going more consistently, no team in the FCS touches the Bison...

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    What a stupid and arrogant question! Really now? This is what you want other fan bases thinking about ndsu fans?
    I agree with this.... We are a very good team but certainly not invincible. UNI will certainly be tough. (This "we only beat ourselves" stuff makes us sound like the FBS teams we beat each year.)
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

What a stupid and arrogant question! Really now? This is what you want other fan bases thinking about ndsu fans?
    Well, I understand you premise, but it is a pretty legit question and it is a NDSU message board. If he posted it on egriz of sdsufan, I'd get the concern.

UNI game will be a tough one...if ndsu plays like they did against Montana I see that game as a loss.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by 344Johnson View Post
    UNI game will be a tough one...if ndsu plays like they did against Montana I see that game as a loss.
    Our conference is tough. If we don't show up a half dozen teams can give us trouble. One game at a time.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

UNI and maybe EWU..........That is all.

Dumb ass, it is a Bison football forum. We have won 28 straight, 3 straight national titles and are favorites to quad. Actually, it is a very objective and real question.

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    It is going to be extremely tough for us to go undefeated this year in the Valley. Two losses aren't outside the realm of possibility. Maybe BisonAudit can chime in with his crazy graph but going undefeated has to be below 10%. Still hoping for #40 though, would be epic.
    I agree. Anyone still who thinks we are unbeatable has been sipping the kool aid. We have the ability to go undefeated but we need to play exceptionally well. Heck even the bottom teams are looking at good. Indiana State beat Ball State 26-0, USD is suddenly an looking GOOD and we have to go to their house, and even Missouri State is looking good. SIU appear to have righted the ship. UNI and SDSU are as good as anyone. Youngstown is always good. If we lose less than 2 games I will be suprised

Expecting anything about else is flat out disrespectful to our conference. Not to mention all we are the #1players game on their schedule

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    Dumb ass, it is a Bison football forum. We have won 28 straight, 3 straight national titles and are favorites to quad. Actually, it is a very objective and real question.

But not real enough to be asked by one of your other user names???
    Damn, I'm Good!