Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can anyone in the FCS beat NDSU besides NDSU? Serious question

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Can anyone in the FCS beat NDSU besides NDSU? Serious question

According to the sagarin rankings there are 4 or 5 teams in the valley that are harder to beat than Montana. So yes it's possible and likely they lose at least one if not two games this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonwinagn View Post
    According to the sagarin rankings there are 4 or 5 teams in the valley that are harder to beat than Montana. So yes it's possible and likely they lose at least one if not two games this year.

This. Not only is the conference looking tough record-wise, they are also more familiar with NDSU and team tendencies. This team's hardest games are ahead of them, not behind.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    This. Not only is the conference looking tough record-wise, they are also more familiar with NDSU and team tendencies. This team's hardest games are ahead of them, not behind.

This^^^^^

I think it all depends on Polasek. He has to open up the playbook unlike he did against Montana.

6-7 times in the red zone and only one thrown ball in the end zone? I would like to see more attempts there.

We need to throw down field to Vraa 3-4 times a game also...

We do this in the Montana game, it's a 30+ pt win. That game was not as close as those Grizzies thought it was...we ran it down their throats but they stopped it when they needed to. If we would have thrown a couple passes down field or a couple more in the red zone in the midst of all that running, how that would have disrupted their defense...did we have a pass thrown for more than 15 yards in that game?

Our conference isn't going to be as forgiving if we do not open up that playbook. Their are 3-4 teams that could give us trouble.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm can't wait until a noble team interrupts your winning streak.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    I'm can't wait until a noble team interrupts your winning streak.
    I can't wait until a University with No national championships Implodes once again.

The Valley will be tough but the Bison can win out.

SIU - UNI - SDSU - MSU will be teams that could beat the Bison IMO. Trouble is the Bison have a huge target on their backs and every team will be jacked up to play them. Which is fine.

I agree with some of the comments on here about going deep more often to Vraa. Although in Polacek's defense, he is using the TEs in the passing game which helps the running game open up.

Get through the Valley and IMO, it is a lot easier facing teams that are not use to our power running system. I think the playoffs will be easier compared to the grind of the Valley.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I think it's smart that Polacek hasn't opened up the play book yet undefeated and heading into valley play with some tricks up the sleeve. Just wait until they run the play action jet sweet fake to Dudzik touchdown bomb to Vraa to start the uni game.

Lardsin must go!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What a stupid and arrogant question! Really now? This is what you want other fan bases thinking about ndsu fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    What a stupid and arrogant question! Really now? This is what you want other fan bases thinking about ndsu fans?

Lighten up Francis.

So what.

We're fans....it is fun to talk about!

The valley is going to be a meat grinder. Uni at their place will be tough. RB is a beast.