Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good Luck Today

Default Re: Good Luck Today

Quote Originally Posted by ALPHAGRIZ1 View Post
    Which one?
    4th quarter 1:30 left. Like he was shot out of a cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    4th quarter 1:30 left. Like he was shot out of a cannon.
    I figured that was the "one" but there were many to choose from........................
    AG1 - by himself at the West Acres food court

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The most impressive thing for me, that I saw in this game was the play of our O-line. I thought we may struggle against the Griz front 7..... I am relieved to say that I was wrong about that.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    The most impressive thing for me, that I saw in this game was the play of our O-line. I thought we may struggle against the Griz front 7..... I am relieved to say that I was wrong about that.
    Plus, they should get better as the season goes along.
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by KilldeerBison View Post
    Plus, they should get better as the season goes along.

This here. Barring any major injuries, we should be one very good football team by the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Really? I thought he was pretty much a non-factor. The stats say he had three assisted tackles and one quarterback hurry. Emmanuel had one solo tackle, two assisted tackles, and three quarterback hurries in comparison. What exactly do you think he did that qualified him as a "beast"?
    Hes def built for the Big Sky more than the MVC...everyone throws in the Big Sky...and the Bison rarely throw...when they do its out of the hands so quick because every route the Bison run is just short little slants or outs...which is a good gameplan...I'm just saying that is the reason he was not dominate like usual...the Bison planned for it perfectly!

Ironic that they run the West Coast offense in the Midwest and not in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsGrizFan View Post
    Hes def built for the Big Sky more than the MVC...everyone throws in the Big Sky...and the Bison rarely throw...when they do its out of the hands so quick because every route the Bison run is just short little slants or outs...which is a good gameplan...I'm just saying that is the reason he was not dominate like usual...the Bison planned for it perfectly!
    Football Gameplan’s Analyst Emory Hunt shares his scouting notes from the college football games he has attended this season. See what he thinks about some of the upcoming draft prospects around the country!

Hunt’s Scouting Notes: Montana Grizzlies vs North Dakota State Bison (9-20-14)

Montana Grizzlies Prospects

DE – Zack Wagenmann – 6’3 255 – Senior
    Wagenmann was consider the best pro prospect by many coming into this game. He is a legit 6’3 255 that plays LDE. Wagenmann did show some good acceleration to the QB and knows how to get the edge. But overall, this wasn’t his best showing. Wagenmann isn’t a P.O.A. guy and doesn’t have the elite level flexibility that you want to see coming from a pass rusher. And playing LDE, I expected him to be stout vs the run but he had problems disengaging from blocks. As of right now, based off my assessment, I think he’d be better suited as a WLB in a 4-3/3-4. Playing the run won’t be his strong suit but does have potential as a run and chase guy.

North Dakota State Bison Prospects

DE – Kyle Emanuel – 6’3 251 – Senior
    Emanuel was THE best player on the field today. On the 1st three plays of the game, Emanuel either made or disrupted the play. He has a great inside move and uses his hands extremely well to play the run. Emanuel is a fundamentally sound player that is able to get of blocks, re-direct and accelerate to the QB. I saw a player that excelled on both ends of defense. And despite his listed size, I don’t think he’s an OLB in a 3-4, but can play either LDE or RDE in a 4-3. If he’s not playing on an NFL/CFL team next year, it’s a crime. I’m excited to see more of him moving forward.

Guys that surprised
    RT – Landon Lechler – 6’7 299 – Soph., North Dakota St.
    This was an impressive showing for the sophomore who had the tough task of taking on one of the FCS’s top pass rushers in Zack Wagenmann. Lechler more than held his own, he actually rendered Wagenman ineffective and invisible. This really bodes well for his future. Lechler excelled on both ends of offense.

NT – Tonga Takai – 6’2 310 – Senior, Montana
    One of the lone bright spots on the Grizzlies defensive line. The Griz defense were bending but not breaking and when the Bison got in the red zone, Takai’s play up front against the Bison’s C Jesse Hinz. Takai disengages well and is able to beat double teams. He’s a type of guy that can play the NT or the 1T. Very strong at the P.O.A.

http://footballgameplan.com/feat/hunts-scouting-notes/
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsGrizFan View Post
    Not to say that the bison coaching staff weren't aware of Wagenmann, and that they didn't prepare more for him than an average Joe, but NDSUs game plan this week was no different than any weekend. The bison want to run the ball and wear down the the opposing defense and win the TOP battle. Saying they planned for him would be misleading and incorrect.