Thread: Tiger Invitational

Default Tiger Invitational

Some encouraging moments last night. but they still lost all 3. They look like they gave up on the third. One observation: Towson looked like they were enjoying themselves right from the beginning, whereas the Bison seemed sullen.
    "You're either green and growing or ripe and dying." - Craig Bohl

Default Re: Tiger Invitational

Will the UND win be the highlight of the year for this team?

No. Summit will be good this year, keep the young'ins improving get a playoff spot and go on a run

Ian concerned about recruiting, my sis in law is coaching volleyball in twin cities and said NDSU is missing out on some fantastic girls down there & hasn't seen much of NDSU coaches
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Summit won't be good this year unfortubately. It's still one of the worst conferences in all of D1 and there are still rebuilding going on at the better programs in the Summit. Big Sky unfortunately is much better in volleyball and should be again this year. Best thing for NDSU is to continue to get better every day and see what can happen come tourney time because there aren't any clear dominant programs in the SUmmit right now.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    No. Summit will be good this year, keep the young'ins improving get a playoff spot and go on a run

Ian concerned about recruiting, my sis in law is coaching volleyball in twin cities and said NDSU is missing out on some fantastic girls down there & hasn't seen much of NDSU coaches
    Yea recruiting is a concern. I think the coaching staff all but lost the pipeline that Hinterstocker had down in Wisconsin and you are really starting to see the lack of depth and great players right now. The most concerning thing like you said is the coaching staff is nowhere to be found. I was coaching at 3 major qualifiers last year from Omaha to Minnesota and even in Colorado I saw almost every major D1 coaching staff fron UND to SDSU to Minnesota etc except NDSU at all of them. Not saying they weren't there but I didnt see any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Yea recruiting is a concern. I think the coaching staff all but lost the pipeline that Hinterstocker had down in Wisconsin and you are really starting to see the lack of depth and great players right now. The most concerning thing like you said is the coaching staff is nowhere to be found. I was coaching at 3 major qualifiers last year from Omaha to Minnesota and even in Colorado I saw almost every major D1 coaching staff fron UND to SDSU to Minnesota etc except NDSU at all of them. Not saying they weren't there but I didnt see any of them.

Recruiting is coaching....

Maybe this staff needs to go?? Or do they get more time??