Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Preseason Stuff

Default Re: Preseason Stuff

WIU has potential to knock someone off with Covington. Best player in the conference IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    WIU has potential to knock someone off with Covington. Best player in the conference IMO
    I wonder how WIU will play this season. Will they speed up their game a bit and play more up-tempo since coach mo moved on or will they stay with the 40ppg style? Covington is a special player and defiantly has the best shot at being the next NBA drafted player to come from the Summit, but his supporting cast is not that great. Remember a couple years back when Nate put up 53 (17-28 ; 9-14 from 3) at IPFW? SDSU only won by 6 points and the 2013 SDSU supporting cast was a lot better than WIU has this year. Covington would have to have that sort of game and more to pull of an upset during the tournament imo. Possible but not probable.

BFKasper14 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Man, NDSU basketball needs to have a good year this year.

after woody left the next year NDSU failed to capitilize on their NCAA tourney run and crapped the bed... I dont want a REPEAT!

LA needs to be woody-esque
    KB needs to be aggressive to the hoop more
    Carlin needs an outside shot
    Kading/Dexter/Evan need to show us something down low.

Cmon boys!!
    Where does Jacobson fit into the mix? I feel like he can be an instant contributor for the team next year.
    One does not simply walk into the FARGODOME...

Quote Originally Posted by BFKasper14 View Post
    Where does Jacobson fit into the mix? I feel like he can be an instant contributor for the team next year.
    SG/SF . Supposedly he had a great redshirt year.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It really just depends what Richman decides to go with for a lineup, it's possible he could start AJ at the 4 spot in a lineup with LA, Dupree, Brown, AJ and Kading but if he decides to keep more of a post player along with Kading in the starting lineup like Dex or Wesenberg he could start at the 3 spot and Dupree would be first off the bench or AJ could be the 6th man. It'll be very interesting to see how it all plays out but the coaching staff is very high on him so he will definitely be highly involved.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I know jumping the gun----but is Carlin Dupree our next PG after LA? Especially for next season?? Or is that player not on the Bison Roster yet?

I would say Dupree is our next pg for the most part. he can also play off guard too. will play there this season too and might see LA at the 2 at times as well

https://twitter.com/domizzowday/stat...53264512720896

@DomIzzoWDAY: #NDSU announces forward Brett VandenBergh is leaving the team, he missed last season with knee injury, played as true freshman

thats too bad. thought he couldve contributed this season. that probably solidifies AJ starting

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    thats too bad. thought he couldve contributed this season. that probably solidifies AJ starting
    Wow that leaves us awefully thin