Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Get your lottery ticket ~ bisondome!

Default Re: Get your lottery ticket ~ bisondome!

Alright Audit....explain this one....

IMG_20171008_101048829.jpg
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Alright Audit....explain this one....

IMG_20171008_101048829.jpg
    Minnesota state lottery, enough said.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

The odds of the random number generator for the quick pick spitting out 4 of the 5 numbers the same are equal to the odds of your ticket matching 4 of the 5 winning numbers or about 1 in 7,304 according to the mn lottery website.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    The odds of the random number generator for the quick pick spitting out 4 of the 5 numbers the same are equal to the odds of your ticket matching 4 of the 5 winning numbers or about 1 in 7,304 according to the mn lottery website.

I always wondered why the clerks always ask "Same ticket?" when you get more than one. I know the odds say that...but It happens more often than you think. Ive never got 4 the same before but Ive had 2 a lot and 3 a few times. seems to happen more often than it should for a random number.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I always wondered why the clerks always ask "Same ticket?" when you get more than one. I know the odds say that...but It happens more often than you think. Ive never got 4 the same before but Ive had 2 a lot and 3 a few times. seems to happen more often than it should for a random number.
    In my consumer math class we talk about the math behind winning the lottery (especially the powerball) and even after showing the math they normally say that it can't be that hard. So I make a deal with them that if they even get 5 numbers right on the next powerball they will get an automatic A for the semester. Closest I've ever had was a few kids getting 3 numbers correct.

That's because the way our pattern imposing brains understand randomness and the way it actually works aren't the same.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Ok...first the lottery ticket, now I get a fortune cookie with no fortune it it. What does it all mean???

Ok...first the lottery ticket, now I get a fortune cookie with no fortune it it. What does it all mean???
    FargoDome for at least another decade.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    FargoDome for at least another decade.
    DARN!!! I was betting the farm, that we'd have a BISONdome before then.

This is LONG overdue!
    THE JACKPOT FOR BOTH THE ND POWERBALL & THE MEGAMILLION is just WAITING FOR ME!!!
    I feel very good about this! Within a few short days, an announcement will be made, and you will be hearing about the NEW BISON FOOTBALL FACILITY!
    The BISONdome ~ !!!
    Fanette's Football Arena ~ !!!
    (OMGosh, I'm beginning to sound like Loafy...)

What do we need? A mere 400 Million for the BisonDome? The Powerball can make that happen.... and the 1.6 Billion Mega will build a couple!
    We could have computerized SIGNS - that change every 30 seconds!!! Awesome!