Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Jensen is going to the Omaha Mammoths

Default Re: Brock Jensen is going to the Omaha Mammoths

Well, I hate to add more to the "Where's Brock now" thread... but he finished at PCS, & thought that his next student teaching experience was at Moorhead Public Schools? (I've been wrong b/4 tho!)

Brock might do well to contact Kurt Warner (St.L Rams, AZ cardinals). He does mentoring of quarterbacks in preparation for NFL. There are a lot of ways they would have synergy - some similarities in backgrounds, both have done arena FB, both are active in their Christian faith, both came out of college as underdogs as far as NFL goes, both were underrated for a long time. I don't know, just saying ... seems like a good match. After watching some of the QBs in the NFL, hard for me to believe that Brock would not be better. If Warner likes what he sees in Brock, his recommendation would likely carry some weight with NFL mgmt & coaches.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Brock might do well to contact Kurt Warner (St.L Rams, AZ cardinals). He does mentoring of quarterbacks in preparation for NFL. There are a lot of ways they would have synergy - some similarities in backgrounds, both have done arena FB, both are active in their Christian faith, both came out of college as underdogs as far as NFL goes, both were underrated for a long time. I don't know, just saying ... seems like a good match. After watching some of the QBs in the NFL, hard for me to believe that Brock would not be better. If Warner likes what he sees in Brock, his recommendation would likely carry some weight with NFL mgmt & coaches.
    I thought the same thing while watching Arizona.

And several years of Christian Ponder, for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I thought the same thing while watching Arizona.

And several years of Christian Ponder, for that matter.
    I know Ponder is an easy target but he would have put up video game stats in fcs. Pro football is hard.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Nice idea. I assume this costs money?

Sometimes you have to know when to call it good and move on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    This is true.

Read in the news 3-4 weeks ago that Warner is working with another young QB - I do not recall the name - who was on the cusp. Immediately got me thinking, why not Brock?

Looking at Brady yesterday in the Super Bowl - great to have a Favre arm, can throw it 70 yards, but accuracy for the 4-12 yard passes, good judgement, and being able to build up confidence of teammates so the team is greater than the sum of its parts, are far more valuable - this is what wins games consistently against the best competition. Brady is terrific on those three things, was terrific yesterday in the Super Bowl. Brock, it seems to me, has that 'it' as well.

As for cost, I have no idea. Warner does not need the money.
    Also the issue of whether Warner would be willing to work with another young QB, etc.

Anyway for what it was worth ... just an idea. I think Brock could make it in the NFL if he is given a sustained chance. He's smart, athletic, has heart.

Anyway for what it was worth ... just an idea. I think Brock could make it in the NFL if he is given a sustained chance. He's smart, athletic, has heart.
    That's just it; he needs a "sustained chance." I am sure Brock was very raw last year coming from FCS. I can't help but wonder if he was more of "camp arm" which is exactly what Warner was in Green Bay at one time. Kid needs one more chance before he should hang it up for good; he has too much talent.

I would also think Vernon Adams should look at Brock, and get to Oregon as quick as he can......

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post

Why should he hang it up when he has teams interested in him?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."