Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Waiting for News on our Bison

Default Re: Waiting for News on our Bison

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I think he will be alright. These are current guys, not recruits.
    It's just as easy to get a current player in hot water as it is a recruit. As long as they haven't graduated from NDSU, stay as far away as possible. For the love of the university, stay away.
    Unofficial Official President and Charter Member of the Paul Miller "Miller Time" Fan Club

If you leave tailgating hungry and thirsty, you're doing it wrong

I am so sick of the Bison already. Win this, win that, blah, blah, blah. I'd really, really like to know how they do it. I swear they have to be the luckiest sob's on the planet. Just sick of this bs, just fed up.

why is it that 1 person takes a uncalled for potshot, then the entire thread goes to hell. i work in media, i goto every game, sorry i freakin exist, dam you guys are crazy sometimes.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    why is it that 1 person takes a uncalled for potshot, then the entire thread goes to hell. i work in media, i goto every game, sorry i freakin exist, dam you guys are crazy sometimes.

we're through the looking glass, people.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post
    It's just as easy to get a current player in hot water as it is a recruit. As long as they haven't graduated from NDSU, stay as far away as possible. For the love of the university, stay away.
    I'm sure he won't do anything bad. Calm down people. Besides, players are educated on what is OK and what is not.
    Stu Whitney@stuwhitney4mSurprised Harvard missed out. MT @AllHailTank: Well I guess I got watt I wonted I will take my talents and higher my education at UND.
    LAKESBISON 3/4/2006-4/15/2011 Forever in our hearts

Former representative of 3rd Floor Johnson
    Current representative of 12 St. N Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by NDB2 View Post
    Why? It's not like he's a booster, just a jackass.
    He's a booster even if he donated previously....That designation never ends.

All it takes is someone buying a current player or recruit a Coke or a hot dog to be a violation. Think about that for a second, folks.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNation11 View Post

This right here...

Quote Originally Posted by aces1180 View Post
    He's a booster even if he donated previously....That designation never ends.

All it takes is someone buying a current player or recruit a Coke or a hot dog to be a violation. Think about that for a second, folks.

Actually, that rule extends to a current player's family or friends as well. Think about that for a second or three.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonguy View Post
    Actually, that rule extends to a current player's family or friends as well. Think about that for a second or three.
    Thanks for the clarification...

Here's the booster compliance brochure if anyone wants to view it http://www.gobison.com/documents/201...hure.pdf?id=16
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

Get familiar: http://www.gobison.com/sports/2013/4...tab=compliance

ARE YOU A REPRESENTATIVE OF NDSU'S
    ATHLETICS INTERESTS?
    You are a representative of NDSUís athletics interests, more commonly known as a ìboosterî, if
    you meet any of the following conditions:
    !
    You have been or are a member of any organization that promotes NDSUís athletics
    program (e.g., NDSU Foundation, Team Makers).
    !
    You have made a financial contribution to the NDSU athletics department or its booster
    organization.
    !
    You have ever assisted in the recruitment of prospects for NDSU.
    !
    You have provided benefits (e.g. summer jobs or occasional family meals) to enrolled
    student-athletes.
    !
    You have arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes, or assisted
    in providing any benefit to enrolled student-athletes or their families.
    !
    You have ever, in any way, promoted the athletics program at NDSU.
    NOTE: Please remember that once you become a booster,
    you retain that identity
    indefinitely

NCAA RULES REGARDING BOOSTER
    INVOLVEMENT WITH ENROLLED
    STUDENT-ATHLETES
    You may not
    pay for or arrange for payment of room, board, or any type of transportation at any
    time for currently enrolled student-athletes, their relatives, or their friends.
    You may not
    provide student-athletes with any sort of extra benefit, which refers to any special
    arrangement provided a student-athlete or his/her relatives or friends with the benefit unavailable to
    the general student population.
    You may not
    provide student-athletes with any special discounts, payment arrangements (e.g.,
    cosigning a loan), credits on a purchase (e.g., airline ticket, clothing), or services (e.g., dry cleaning,
    transportation).
    You may not
    allow student-athletes to use your telephone or make free calls.
    You may not
    provide awards or gift s to student-athletes for any reason. This also prohibits
    honorariums for speaking engagements. All awards to student-athletes must meet all NCAA
    legislation and be approved by the Compliance Office.
    You may not
    entertain student-athletes or their families and friends. You may not even buy them a
    cup of coffee or a can of soda.
    The only exception to this is that you may, on an occasional basis,
    provide a student-athlete or team (not family members or friends) with a meal. The meal can be
    catered,
    but it must be in your home
    You may not
    use the name or picture of a student-athlete to advertise a commercial product.
    You may not
    purchase complimentary admissions from a current student-athlete.
    You may not
    provide an honorarium to a student-athlete for a speaking engagement.
    NOTE: These rules apply throughout the student-athleteís entire enrollment at NDSU ( includingsummer break).
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans