Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 2014 Bison Factoids

Default Re: 2014 Bison Factoids

Some numbers on playoff wins that I found interesting.

In the past 4 seasons NDSU has more playoff wins (16) than any other FCS conference does as a whole. The closest is the CAA with 14 wins, the SLC with 12 wins, the Big Sky with 10 wins, and the other MVFC teams with 10 wins. Those 16 postseason wins in the last 4 years are more than the 51 teams in the Big South (7), OVC (4), Patriot (4), NEC (1), MEAC (0), and Pioneer (0) have combined between them all in that same timeframe.

Also, I posted this in the SHSU pregame thread but this is probably a better spot for it. Counting that SHSU game NDSU is now 32-0 against non-conference D1 opponents all-time in the Fargodome (with the first win coming in 2004).

Sounds like NDSU has earned independent status and should get an auto bid each year because of our dominance.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Default 2014 Bison Factoids

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Bingo on Millersville! Man, that game started ugly. NDSU was fumbling all over the place, and it was like their heads weren't in the game until the second half - maybe players had to take finals that morning (I seem to remember that I did.)

Millersville played some good football though - always surprised me that they didn't make more noise in the playoffs.
    Hey, I was playing in that game!!

Offense started off horrible, and this was the only game I played in where our defensive scheme going in was dead wrong. We had misread their option offense, which turned out not to really be a true option offense. We completely scrapped our DGP at half and put in a new one, at least the run D aspect of it anyway. It ended up working, and then our O came alive.

No finals that I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CAS4127; 02-06-2015 at 07:04 PM.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Hey, I was playing in that game!!

Offense started off horrible, and this was the only game I played in where our defensive scheme going in was dead wrong. We had misread their option offense, which turned out not to really be a true option offense. We completely scrapped our DGP at half and put in a new one, at least the run D aspect of it anyway. It ended up working, and then our O came alive.

No finals that I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for pointing out the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Some numbers on playoff wins that I found interesting.

In the past 4 seasons NDSU has more playoff wins (16) than any other FCS conference does as a whole. The closest is the CAA with 14 wins, the SLC with 12 wins, the Big Sky with 10 wins, and the other MVFC teams with 10 wins. Those 16 postseason wins in the last 4 years are more than the 51 teams in the Big South (7), OVC (4), Patriot (4), NEC (1), MEAC (0), and Pioneer (0) have combined between them all in that same timeframe.

Also, I posted this in the SHSU pregame thread but this is probably a better spot for it. Counting that SHSU game NDSU is now 32-0 against non-conference D1 opponents all-time in the Fargodome (with the first win coming in 2004).
    That is an amazing stat!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

I also played in that game on offense(Millersville). They came out in a defense that we had never seen before(we thought we had seen everything). We didn't have clear rules on reading their front. OL, QB and RB's have to all be on the same page. Coaches figured it out by halftime and we made adjustments at that time to fix the issue. Of course we saw that look going forward several times in future years. Ugly 1st half for sure.