Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Endowments

Default Endowments

I thought about putting this in the G&G Collective thread but it's a different (although related) topic.

I remember hearing that even as the funds were raised for the IPF, significant progress was made toward getting scholarships endowed. I think this is even more important now that there are additional funding needs (NIL, etc.)

Does anyone have any current information on this?

I know Jay is targeting new or different money but there is surely some overlap and the more that can be done to not have to raise the full scholarship funds every year, the better.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Endowments

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I thought about putting this in the G&G Collective thread but it's a different (although related) topic.

I remember hearing that even as the funds were raised for the IPF, significant progress was made toward getting scholarships endowed. I think this is even more important now that there are additional funding needs (NIL, etc.)

Does anyone have any current information on this?

I know Jay is targeting new or different money but there is surely some overlap and the more that can be done to not have to raise the full scholarship funds every year, the better.
    Great topic, as most of us will have much more expendable money when we're dead than we do now!

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NI4NI View Post
    Great topic, as most of us will have much more expendable money when we're dead than we do now!
    I decided several years ago, the money I earmarked for NDSU, to give it while I was alive so I did 2 endowments quite a few years ago. We never had kids, sadly, so in some manner, I felt kind of maternal and wanted to help out some students while I was alive. Plus I like getting the notes from the students, telling me their plans with their degree when they finished it. Long after I am gone, these endowments will keep on giving.

Back on topic, this is a great question. Some are going to choose between TM and G & G. If all athletic scholarships are endowed, this would lower the impact if some funds move to G & G.

lakes mom called me well endowed once.

speaking of which, hi lakes

how's prison treating u?

i sent a few smoke signals back in autumn but u must notta gottem

i hope tony lets u out soon this is wack

all because u said a reporter had a nice crack?

thats slang for ass u see

but tony like that's not acceptable to me

cuz tony loves all them hoe's

now ur left drinkin' at moe's

that's a simpson reference u see

bye bye lakes, a memory u'll always be.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

There are two endowment categories:

Scholarships and programs.

May of 2020, there was $38 Million in scholarships and $11 Million in program endowments.

June of 2022, there was $70 Million in scholarships and $23 Million in program endowments.

There is a thread in Bison Commons on this topic.

533 In a row

Thanks Road. Mods, feel free to combine threads, I didn't think to look in Bison Commons but that would make more sense.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    There are two endowment categories:

Scholarships and programs.

May of 2020, there was $38 Million in scholarships and $11 Million in program endowments.

June of 2022, there was $70 Million in scholarships and $23 Million in program endowments.

There is a thread in Bison Commons on this topic.
    I assume you are speaking here only about endowments for athletics. Is that correct road? Looking at the NDSU foundation site, as of the end of 2022 the full picture can be found here: https://ndsufoundation.com/endowment-report-2022
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I assume you are speaking here only about endowments for athletics. Is that correct road? Looking at the NDSU foundation site, as of the end of 2022 the full picture can be found here: https://ndsufoundation.com/endowment-report-2022
    Yes, these are specific for the athletic department.

533 In a row

NI4NI is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    lakes mom called me well endowed once.
    Then she lied because she said the same thing to me, and I've been told it ain't so!