Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 19 th Ave construction

Default Re: 19 th Ave construction

KFGO said 10th to Univ "might" be open by the weekend, if it does not rain. There could be small landscaping disruption, the rest is due to be done by
    The end of October.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    KFGO said 10th to Univ "might" be open by the weekend, if it does not rain. There could be small landscaping disruption, the rest is due to be done by
    The end of October.
    Wow 19th is open all lanes 10th to university, all but a little landscaping of the Casey end. They poured the new entrance to Holiday. Wonder if the lane being filled
    On 10th will be concrete or dirt. Looks like the are going to be able to do the Univ and 19th intersection without closing it.

Now they pissed off Happy Harry's , Hal Gershman according to KFGO has lost $400000 in 4 months, and they are saying going to ask for another extension.

Hell Happy Harry's will lose $100000-200000 this weekend alone its homecoming, Piepkorn is going after Master again.
    Last edited by imabison; 10-07-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Now they passed off Happy Harry's , Hal Gershman according to KFGO has lost $400000 in 4 months, and they are saying going to ask for another extension.

Hell Happy Harry's will lose $100000-200000 this weekend alone its homecoming, Piepkorn is going after Master again.
    The parking lots have been empty empty empty up there. Makes it nice to catch a quick lunch though.

Now it does appear they are working at it.... One of the hold ups with concrete is cure time....often takes 7 days to make strength to put trucks on to pour the next section

Now they passed off Happy Harry's , Hal Gershman according to KFGO has lost $400000 in 4 months, and they are saying going to ask for another extension.

Heard that, but didn't say how much the 45th st store gained? Likely not all of it but some probably went there if it was only slightly out of their way home.

He can't go after just Master though as any new regulations will apply to everyone. One of his ideas was 24 hour working days if project falls behind (a surefire way of causing more issues if you ask me maybe unbison can confirm or debunk that) not to mention with a stretched thin work force you would be putting greenhorns out there at night and greenhorns are likely to be a safety hazard and more safety incidents means more likely a major incident happening. Again could scare companies away and less bids mean less likely you save tax dollars on construction and still get crappy product out of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Heard that, but didn't say how much the 45th st store gained? Likely not all of it but some probably went there if it was only slightly out of their way home.

He can't go after just Master though as any new regulations will apply to everyone. One of his ideas was 24 hour working days if project falls behind (a surefire way of causing more issues if you ask me maybe unbison can confirm or debunk that) not to mention with a stretched thin work force you would be putting greenhorns out there at night and greenhorns are likely to be a safety hazard and more safety incidents means more likely a major incident happening. Again could scare companies away and less bids mean less likely you save tax dollars on construction and still get crappy product out of the deal.
    Not sure on the 24 hr work, because you have to be able to get concrete, asphalt, sand. I do think that Master should have been working weekends .

Just look at the lane they are removing from 10th it should be ready finish. The new Holiday driveway is being used.

Not sure on the 24 hr work, because you have to be able to get concrete, asphalt, sand. I do think that Master should have been working weekends .

Just look at the lane they are removing from 10th it should be ready finish. The new Holiday driveway is being used.

Pretty sure that getting the concrete and even asphalt wouldn't be insurmountable because when they pour the concrete on the elevator silos those go 24hrs as they can't stop once they start. Asphalt might be a different story but Piepkorn only wanted it on main access roads such as 19th and all of these are concrete as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    The parking lots have been empty empty empty up there. Makes it nice to catch a quick lunch though.
    I have really not had any trouble getting to BwW or HH. If you want to get to a business up there you can. I'm not sure people who want booze will give up that easy
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I have really not had any trouble getting to BwW or HH. If you want to get to a business up there you can. I'm not sure people who want booze will give up that easy
    From very past history when 19th was widen from 2 to 4 lanes many years ago it hurt business alot. During construction that is.