Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 19 th Ave construction

Default Re: 19 th Ave construction

The job is behind they are my direct competition ..... That said it looks like it will get wrapped up this year.... The job was bid in Jan or Feb.... Frost wasn't completely out till June.... Gravel has been a real bear to get this year.... The job is being done with Houston engineering.....not saying anything bad about Houston but anyone that has worked with a consultant engineer knows that changes take more time and when reconstructing a road there is gonna be changes.... All this said every other contractor working in town has had to deal with all the same issues to meet their deadlines....so They will pay liquidated damages time to move on.....I don't think going on the radio and yelling about it is the proper way to go about changing what is going on....

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    The job is behind they are my direct competition ..... That said it looks like it will get wrapped up this year.... The job was bid in Jan or Feb.... Frost wasn't completely out till June.... Gravel has been a real bear to get this year.... The job is being done with Houston engineering.....not saying anything bad about Houston but anyone that has worked with a consultant engineer knows that changes take more time and when reconstructing a road there is gonna be changes.... All this said every other contractor working in town has had to deal with all the same issues to meet their deadlines....so They will pay liquidated damages time to move on.....I don't think going on the radio and yelling about it is the proper way to go about changing what is going on....
    Can't argue with you because you are in the industry, however they were the ones who blamed century link on 12th and now Cable TV on 19th.

Also they had toke last median section between 10 th and university ready to pour Friday and its not done. Today they are pouring water on the university and Albrecht which also appeared ready to pour Friday or Saturday, yet no work done. Wonder how long it will take to finish removing the lane on 10th that is going away. Only 1left hand turn lane onto 19th from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Can't argue with you because you are in the industry, however they were the ones who blamed century link on 12th and now Cable TV on 19th.

Also they had toke last median section between 10 th and university ready to pour Friday and its not done. Today they are pouring water on the university and Albrecht which also appeared ready to pour Friday or Saturday, yet no work done. Wonder how long it will take to finish removing the lane on 10th that is going away. Only 1left hand turn lane onto 19th from now on.
    I have not said it could or shouldn't be done on time .... Just don't find the radio rant as a good way to communicate your dissatisfaction unless you want votes from the north enders because the rant on the radio changed nothing

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

UN, are you aware of anyone actually paying the LD's? I know the contractor has already asked for a waiver on the 19th ave project.

As for Mike Williams on the radio, there is more work than there are road contractors, so if you are the low bidder and are bonded, you will get the project. They don't care what your track record is.

You get the eaglewood project in West Fargo? If so, good.

it was piepkorn not mike Williams, he was too busy at the pro-climate rally.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    it was piepkorn not mike Williams, he was too busy at the pro-climate rally.
    Well they complain in the same circles. Either way, low bid, bonding, you pave in Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    UN, are you aware of anyone actually paying the LD's? I know the contractor has already asked for a waiver on the 19th ave project.

As for Mike Williams on the radio, there is more work than there are road contractors, so if you are the low bidder and are bonded, you will get the project. They don't care what your track record is.

You get the eaglewood project in West Fargo? If so, good.
    As far as LDs yes i know in west fargo they are enforced strictly these days.... im gonna assume that they will be enforced on that project .... i know they got a extension... but do not think it was enough for them to make it

Problem with LD'S often times they are not steep enough to warrant some to pay overtime..... some are 500 dollars a day you dont have to be a engineer to figure out overtime costs more then that

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    As far as LDs yes i know in west fargo they are enforced strictly these days.... im gonna assume that they will be enforced on that project .... i know they got a extension... but do not think it was enough for them to make it

Did they ever pay any on the 12th ave debacle? I didn't think they did. As for 19th, they are already starting the waiver process.

Funny Moore enforcing LD's in West Fargo, that is good to know.

You guys doing Eaglewood? that was another one your "competitier" got three years ago, we missed a sales season on that one......

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Did they ever pay any on the 12th ave debacle? I didn't think they did. As for 19th, they are already starting the waiver process.

Funny Moore enforcing LD's in West Fargo, that is good to know.

You guys doing Eaglewood? that was another one your "competitier" got three years ago, we missed a sales season on that one......
    We did get the eaglwood 3rd addition