Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 19 th Ave construction

Default Re: 19 th Ave construction

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
    Think Ill ask a question again. Last Saturday we came off I-94 from the west and took the University exit and University to the dome. Its been a long time, but couldnt a person take I-29 to the first exit after 19th, and then over past Fargo Jet Center and back to the dome from the North ? Just wondering in someones opinion (looking at you Imabison) which way would maybe be a better choice ? time/traffic etc
    the answer is yes, you would come south on University and then have options.
    1. Park in the CVS lot and walked south on Univ or Albrecht.
    2. Drive past 19th Ave and enter the Fargodome from the front.
    a. then on exit you would have 2 options
    1. exit to University and depending on which route you chose would determine if you were in the right or left lane to exit.
    a. If going to 17th you want the left lane exiting from the dome go to 17th and east to 10th street and north back to 19th and over to university
    and back north to I 29
    b. If you go south to 12th ave you want to be in the right last from the dome to university and south to 12th etc.

The guy that sits next to me comes in and takes that route, he parks in the CVS lot and says it pretty easy to get
    back on University and go north. He walked to Albrecht because he tailgates.

Bisonfan1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thank you sir !!
    West Lot Champions - 2008 Bison Pride Award/2009 Best Set-Up & Fan Favorite/ 2010 Fan Favorite / 2011 Fan Favorite - TOHBTC

Peipkorn on KFGO now and ripping Masters. Says they will not get another bid in the city without major additions and contractual obligations for them. 3 block project in 6 months and they couldn't get it done. good stuff right now on KFGO

Haha..That can't be good for business. It is pathetic though.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Peipkorn on KFGO now and ripping Masters. Says they will not get another bid in the city without major additions and contractual obligations for them. 3 block project in 6 months and they couldn't get it done. good stuff right now on KFGO
    Didn't they screw the pooch on 12th ave a few years back?
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by gotts View Post
    Didn't they screw the pooch on 12th ave a few years back?
    Yes I do believe they did. They pissed off Dave on this one he is now on right now with Chris Gabrial on 970AM talking about the same thing. I bet they are on time from here on out and not full of excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Yes I do believe they did. They pissed off Dave on this one he is now on right now with Chris Gabrial on 970AM talking about the same thing. I bet they are on time from here on out and not full of excuses.
    This has all happened and went on for years this won't change

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    This has all happened and went on for years this won't change
    He flat out said their contracts will change in the future. So they may not change but it will cost them. Dave isn't letting this one slide and he is like a dog on a bone when he wants to be.

Change how? Most road projects have liquidated damages already, suppose they can increase them (before the bid takes place can't change it after because you don't like the contractor...) but then you run the risk of contractors not bidding because they don't want that much risk at losing that much money. City can't do much if they have the lowest responsible bid these are public projects so nearly impossible to eliminate anyone from bidding. Obviously if they keep getting LDs it would put them out of business eventually.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Change how? Most road projects have liquidated damages already, suppose they can increase them (before the bid takes place can't change it after because you don't like the contractor...) but then you run the risk of contractors not bidding because they don't want that much risk at losing that much money. City can't do much if they have the lowest responsible bid these are public projects so nearly impossible to eliminate anyone from bidding. Obviously if they keep getting LDs it would put them out of business eventually.

Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Yeah, seems like a lot of puffery from atop a soapbox. That or exposing the city to a hefty lawsuit.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved