Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 19 th Ave construction

Default Re: 19 th Ave construction

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I will tell you that article is misleading

What was misleading, serious question? I know that the length of extensions were not mentioned and Masters likely was double of everyone else combined!!

19th is beginning to show the evil traffic engineers, sorry if their is one on here. Fargodome lot f..d up for ever. You will never leave the dome going west on 19th again. Only east as no crossover to westbound.

Positive notes they are installing the median fences. Also the walkway poured , but no longer a turn from 19th to CVS for the above reason.

If I was the Holiday station I would have been as pissed as Happy Harry, the closed both entrances from 10th St for close to 2 weeks. NDSU village and Holiday had to go west on 19th. And then turn across eastbound traffic to go back to Holiday .

Oh well it sprinkled today. Weather DELAY

I am curious to see how much snow the three foot wall causes to back up onto 19th. Hopefully none but it sure seems close to the street. I think it used to be just a bank that it could go up and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I am curious to see how much snow the three foot wall causes to back up onto 19th. Hopefully none but it sure seems close to the street. I think it used to be just a bank that it could go up and over.
    The question should be how much snow will the nedian fences catch. 19th is now open 1 lane west also.

Fences up and limited cross points. I crossed on Albrecht, hat kind of engineer puts normal width sidewalks when
    Even for a few events hundreds of people are crossing. Heck double the width at that crossing would be sensible. Nope not in Fargo.

I have not driven it, but I suspect the middle crossing may be the same width. Hope I am wrong.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

the 19th ave planning design and implementation seem all to be questionable or failures... hopefully I will change my mind after its all said and done.... but so far I am not impressed.

Can you believe it weather delay on 19th, just kidding. Street lights up now, by the presence of temporary stop sign on the boulevard they are ready to put up the new stop lights on 19th and 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Can you believe it weather delay on 19th, just kidding. Street lights up now, by the presence of temporary stop sign on the boulevard they are ready to put up the new stop lights on 19th and 10th.
    Also the new blocking arms are up at Dakoa Drive and 18th

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Also the new blocking arms are up at Dakoa Drive and 18th
    The more I look at the new blocking are setup the more I see a death trap, I can't believe that setup was approved. Someone is going to hit that from the west and at the wring angle will spin right into the unprotected arm structure and its not going to be good. I figure it would be protected across the whole end. On well it appears that the new street lights on 10th are the last major step.

I said the same about the high medians on veterans blvd as we built it..... but alas they have been little to no trouble at all for john q public

Fire Master Save Fargo roads
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?