Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 19 th Ave construction

Default Re: 19 th Ave construction

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Dave told me how you did it. That walk with the fricken cooler is long enough as it is. I have a better plan. Go the West lot and have a beer with those clowns and wait for the traffic to thin out.
    I did that , and when I left they were still getting out of the east lot.

According to this Master Construction is at $ 206000 penalty according to Mahoney, and is in danger of missing more deadlines.

http://www.inforum.com/content/high-...avenue-project

Now I did understand that they waived he penalties for them, but maybe not.
    Also it says that 19th Ave is busier than 13th ave S on the high end of traffic counts.

These people have been buffaloed again by master const..... they are looking for any justification they can find for themselves .... prime example is the project they moved to last week by the new sanford had a completion date of june 20th....

Ok 19th Ave eastbound is now open all the way. That will assist going in to the dome, leaving it will assist going east on 19th, but probably not west.

Master Construction was getting reamed on WDAY TV last night, because they are behind on 8th St. Part of the blame for the delay on 8th was 19th N. What a crock..
    I think they said that they HOPE to have 1 lane open each way on 19th by Nov 15. WHAT are they doing to cause it to be that late...geez...

In defense of construction companies we do not have new skilled workers to fill jobs left open by those retiring or getting promoted. This I believe is a national trend all across all types of construction. If you can't hire competent skilled labor then your efficiency goes down. But it is master's responsibility to realize this to an extent but like most they are going to make sure they're booked completely which means slightly overbooking as you can't bank on subs/ outside contractors(utilities) being 100% on time and correct schedule.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

GOB1SON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    These people have been buffaloed again by master const..... they are looking for any justification they can find for themselves .... prime example is the project they moved to last week by the new sanford had a completion date of june 20th....
    So here is my question, and I am guessing you are the guy to answer it:

Why do construction companies run all of their projects simultaneously? Why don't companies man up on each project so that they finish faster and impact the neighborhood less? For instance, if Master had put all of its guys on 19th, ran it 24 hours a day, they would be done in 6 weeks (I am making that up I don't know how long it would have taken) and gone on to their next job. Instead, they have 10 projects running for 6 months each and affecting 10 neighborhoods for long periods of time.

I live on 9th St. north of Fargo North. I am getting pretty damn tired of this project.

I have been thinking about this, and I know the reason has to be money, but wouldn't it be nice if not every damn street you drive down in the summer wasn't torn up?

No disrespect to anyone on this, just curious if this is even a feasible approach.
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft-living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life...

Because there is a shortage of concrete etc. right now. Master is not the only one asking for extensions, according to the news they have asked for just as many extensions as Dakota Underground, and 4 companies have 1 less than those two. There are too many open jobs in this town, noone wants to be a grunt in construction.

GoB1son..good luck with finding a compentant crew to work over nights. Also as mentioned before, there is not enough labor force for this. I know some people in this field that have quite it after some time now.. they have either headed to Williston, or found other jobs that pay less but dont require the overtime.

Everyone acts like it is an employeers job to make people work round the clock.. remember also, how many hours you work in a week. I did construction in college, never again! Now if I get 25 mins of overtime in a week, I am peeved I was at work too long.

I see both sides the fence, and feel extremely sorry for the business owners. I too, and sick of what seems like every road in this town ripped up. Because of these dang issues, we are all paying the price. I am sick of the detour of a different project (going of for over 2 months now) where everyone drives right by my place. I used to be able to have all windows open and no noise, now I cant even keep the windows open at night because its a dang main road. Anyways, I am gonna quite talking.. to sum this up... Construction Season SUCKS!!!!
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Forget 24 hour crews, when I go up around 19th around lunchtime about one a week there is not a soul to be found working. Absolutely ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Forget 24 hour crews, when I go up around 19th around lunchtime about one a week there is not a soul to be found working. Absolutely ridiculous.
    don't go before 8 or after 5 you will be disappointed. It has been quite comical all summer. It's a running joke up there.