Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AP Top 25 Poll

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU in the AP Football Poll

More importantly... Dennis Dodd from CBSports.com did not include NDSU in his weekly power poll. Unlike last year, where they were on his poll ever week of the season. What did the Bison do to not make his poll this time?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...rockets-to-top

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    More importantly... Dennis Dodd from CBSports.com did not include NDSU in his weekly power poll. Unlike last year, where they were on his poll ever week of the season. What did the Bison do to not make his poll this time?

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...rockets-to-top
    We didn't beat anyone noteworthy even close to the top 25-30 this year. A ranking in his poll is probably not justified yet. Maybe if Iowa State beats K-State. Or we extend our streak to 30-35 wins.

He did mention us as having beaten both K-State and Iowa State under his comments for K-State, though. So we still got some attention.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    We didn't beat anyone noteworthy even close to the top 25-30 this year. A ranking in his poll is probably not justified yet. Maybe if Iowa State beats K-State. Or we extend our streak to 30-35 wins.

He did mention us as having beaten both K-State and Iowa State under his comments for K-State, though. So we still got some attention.
    Well to me, his power poll was never one to be taken seriously. But it was just nice press. He has had somewhat of a hard-on for NDSU the past year so I was just surprised not to see the Bison on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Well to me, his power poll was never one to be taken seriously. But it was just nice press. He has had somewhat of a hard-on for NDSU the past year so I was just surprised not to see the Bison on the list.
    Yeah, I don't think he intends it to be a listing of the 25 best teams in the nation, but rather 25 teams that he wants to draw attention to for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if we're back on it at some point this season if we keep winning.

I didn't realize that App St's win over Michigan was what lead to the AP changing the rules allowing for FCS teams to recieve votes.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    I didn't realize that App St's win over Michigan was what lead to the AP changing the rules allowing for FCS teams to recieve votes.
    Do you have a link to this? I haven't heard of this before, but that doesn't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ACECON View Post
    Do you have a link to this? I haven't heard of this before, but that doesn't mean anything.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3008022

"After pulling off one of the greatest upsets in college football history, Appalachian State is still shaking things up.

The Associated Press said Thursday that lower-division schools -- that means you, Mountaineers -- are now eligible for its 71-year-old poll."