Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you noticed during the first game

Default Re: Things you noticed during the first game

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Where the hell was our special teams coach when this was going on. Coack K had better give him an ass chewing. Can't have this stuff going on.
    Polasek has special teams? Thank goodness for RTO.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.

The special teams really did suck on coverage. We looked slow, out of position, had stupid penalties, and just looked way outmatched. I didn't realize we took so many starters and took them off to special teams. Tough call for the coach. Play the starters and risk wearing them out but the young kids are going to make mistakes. Need to find a balance because we can't get our ass kicked on coverage units.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Coach K said they would work on special teams a lot. Need the younger guys to step up and Do Their Job!
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

1. I noticed that I didn't mind having to shred cabbage to make sauerkraut so much when the Bison took the lead.

2. I liked Dudzik's comment on the "Bison Football Show" about the culture of Bison football staying the same with all of the changes.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Crocket blowing a kiss to the ISU cheerleaders after his 80 yd TD run.
    That was pretty awesome. And of course Iowa St coach acting like a complete jackass when his player got ejected. I don't see him making it the entire season.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    You could repeatedly see Carson going through all his progressions. Nice to see in his 1st start.

Bonnet puking on the sideline...hopefully it was just nerves.

It went on for over 5 minutes. I've never seen a long snapper and a punter/kicker getting after each other like that. Tatemosersneighbor and I were speculating about the reason why and could only come up with 2 reasons -- The snap was pretty high and Ben made a pretty nice play handling that ball, so Ben was pissed about that; or Fisher snapped the ball with way too much time left on the play clock, when we were obviously trying to milk the clock as much as possible, and Ben was pissed about that.

After they cooled off a bit, I yelled and got Fisher's attention. He turned around, probably not used to getting much attention as the long snapper. I gave him a thumbs up and said "Don't worry about it, you are fine." He smiled.

Maybe NDSU could put me on the payroll as the "Sideline Mediator." Pay me in beer, knoephla, and fleish kuechle.
    How about some lutefisk and lefse?

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by pucknut9 View Post
    That was pretty awesome. And of course Iowa St coach acting like a complete jackass when his player got ejected. I don't see him making it the entire season.
    They have him under contract until 2020, They'll have to write a pretty big check.

I noticed that the ISU fans didn't make an effort to impact the game. I remember it being louder in 2009, so many times on Saturday most would just sit there in "crucial" times. Deflated fan base!

Kathy Taylor (Gene's wife) was there cheering for the Bison.

533 In a row

The Iowa State coach was defending his kid. From my perspective during the game and watching it on review, I thought it was a bad call, and I am certain our coaches would have been as upset (without the theatrics) It maybe warranted a penalty, but game disqualification.........I don't think so