Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I question about Cyclones Cotton-Moya ..........

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default I question about Cyclones Cotton-Moya ..........

After re-watching the game,what was taken out of the back of Cotton-Moya's shoulder pads???

Default Re: I question about Cyclones Cotton-Moya ..........

Quote Originally Posted by JustinTyem View Post
    After re-watching the game,what was taken out of the back of Cotton-Moya's shoulder pads???
    wondered the same thing when I saw it live.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My likely guess is a sensor to track movement.

The NFL is starting to use them this year.

Every NFL player will wear two tiny sensors in his shoulder pads this season in the first "live" phase of a project the league hopes will enhance the in-stadium experience as well, with further media expansion and integration with teams' existing training technology likely down the line.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...king/13382443/

JustinTyem is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    My likely guess is a sensor to track movement.

The NFL is starting to use them this year.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...king/13382443/
    Huh,MeH Oh Ok,its gives the other teams plays,LoL

I don't think that was it, I wondered if it was something for the radio communication to helmet? Do those use a box for that or are those devices all self contained in helmets? Since this box was rectangular and larger than a hand. Didn't look at all like the picture they showed.
    Sent from Win8 phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

What do you think about the hit? It didn't look intentional to me. Our receiver was pretty low to the ground and moving head first. Not sure how the safety could have avoided it?
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

When I was on the CF board I came across this picture of their captains. It looks like the two captains on the right have something sticking out the side of their sock. I wonder if it's the same thing they pulled out of Cotton-Moya's shoulder pads?

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

I was going to ask too. Maybe someone can ask on the cyclone board or wherever.

Whatever they are, it didn't work well enough to win. Maybe they need electric shock motivation after they get down by 3.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    What do you think about the hit? It didn't look intentional to me. Our receiver was pretty low to the ground and moving head first. Not sure how the safety could have avoided it?
    I agree. Would not have been happy if one of our safeties had been ejected for it.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    He intended to blow the receiver up. After that, the only question tends to be where you hit the receiver. If you hit him in the head or neck area, you are almost always going to get flagged. It doesn't matter if you hit the receiver with your helmet or your shoulder IF you hit him in the head or neck. That was a comment made by Mike Pereira the officiating guru. You avoid it by pulling off the hit. Thorton did it on a swing pass that got dropped. He was going to light the guy up and laid off when the ball got dropped. The way the game is officiated has changed. Smart players adjust.