Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bison get love from SI's Peter King

Default Re: Bison get love from SI's Peter King

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Just look on Twitter.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
    Good point forgot you switched to A&M last few years to support Manziel. Have you narrowed down your 2014 favorite teams to under10 yet?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

what always gripes me about FBS only fans, is when they say NDSU cant compete with a FBS schedule and would only win like 3-4 games total with ISU's slate of games

Yea its true for NDSU only has to get up for 1 game all year outside of some conference games, but if you add 22 more schollies+ NDSU actually gets to play at home? Those idiots actually forget those facts.

Plus its no lie, its kind of ironic watching all of these B12 athletes going down with cramps(assuming they're cramps and not injuries) while NDSU is ready to run the next play.

Its a tougher schedule, yes...but NDSU is as conditioned and just as tough as most mid->upper level BCS teams. some of those fans need to STFU sometimes.
    Yes it is stupid. It's similar to saying that someone without combat training would never make it in the army...duh, the training proceeds the rest. Even without the 22 extra scholarships people would be surprised how the teams we played ended up as much or more beat up than us. Is love to see what the Bison could do with the extra schollys.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Good point forgot you switched to A&M last few years to support Manziel. Have you narrowed down your 2014 favorite teams to under10 yet?
    I'm at 17.

So says twitter.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure LakesLonghorn10 said that NDSU would get killed by a BCS team a few years ago....

"Didn't I show you things you've never done before..."
    https://youtu.be/t3JJb9cjGOk

what always gripes me about FBS only fans, is when they say NDSU cant compete with a FBS schedule and would only win like 3-4 games total with ISU's slate of games

Yea its true for NDSU only has to get up for 1 game all year outside of some conference games, but if you add 22 more schollies+ NDSU actually gets to play at home? Those idiots actually forget those facts.

Plus its no lie, its kind of ironic watching all of these B12 athletes going down with cramps(assuming they're cramps and not injuries) while NDSU is ready to run the next play.

Its a tougher schedule, yes...but NDSU is as conditioned and just as tough as most mid->upper level BCS teams. some of those fans need to STFU sometimes.
    What they also forget is that NDSU is the "Super Bowl" for every team they take on in the FCS, and have been for at least 3 years... To continue to win, when every team goes at you with everything to get their "statement" win is pretty incredible -- especially in the MVFC

I think it's funny how many people (who aren't fans of NDSU) have commented on the interwebz about how the Big 12 should kick ISU or KU out and replace them with NDSU.

It's funny because it's true. NDSU would do better than these two on a yearly basis.

HerdBoy is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah why have 2 teams from Kansas in the Big 12. Spread the love.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    What they also forget is that NDSU is the "Super Bowl" for every team they take on in the FCS, and have been for at least 3 years... To continue to win, when every team goes at you with everything to get their "statement" win is pretty incredible -- especially in the MVFC
    ...and we actually thrive on it.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

a few years ago did you think NDSU would be like 46-2 with the 2 losses being at home? I thought NDSU had a good chance to win most of those FBS games because they were up against new coaches at 3 of those schools-KU, Minny & CSU. especially with what happened in 2010 and how they finished strong.

I personally thought they'd lose to Kansas State.

props for being right. i guess it paid off, not sure what it pays because we're both fans of the same team.
    We are fans of the same team. Most everyone on Bisonville cheers for the same team. What does that have to do with the conversation?

My favorite excuse (perhaps this should be in the excuse thread) was the fact that their center went out. One player was quoted in the Des Moines paper saying that he (the center) tells the offense what to do 'and stuff'. Really? Perhaps they are paying the wrong person big bucks. They have more scholarships but one or two guys go out and they're toast??? Perhaps we should send them a bucket of clown red paint and a stencil that says Next Man Up
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans