Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Post ISU Media Articles and Other Tidbits

Default Re: Post ISU Media Articles and Other Tidbits

Championship Drive on ESPNU just had a bit on NDSU. One guy picked Morlocks run as the play of the day.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

All this success and media attention is great for NDSU and the community. However, the drawback is going to be that nobody in the Big Five is going to place us except the top 10 teams in the country. Unless you are a top 10 team, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO GAIN by playing NDSU and everything to lose by playing them. (Let's not drink the Kool Aid, we cannot beat a legit top 10 team) We are going to have to settle for playing MWC, MAC, or Sunbelt teams as "our big game."

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    All this success and media attention is great for NDSU and the community. However, the drawback is going to be that nobody in the Big Five is going to place us except the top 10 teams in the country. Unless you are a top 10 team, THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO GAIN by playing NDSU and everything to lose by playing them. (Let's not drink the Kool Aid, we cannot beat a legit top 10 team) We are going to have to settle for playing MWC, MAC, or Sunbelt teams as "our big game."
    Big5 would be better but if its not possible I would happily settle with good teams from the mid major conferences if they will play us

Quote Originally Posted by Strongman View Post
    (Let's not drink the Kool Aid, we cannot beat a legit top 10 team)
    Five out of five games? I'm right there with you. But one game out of ten if the stars align just so? I certainly think there were top ten teams last year that last year's Bison would have had a legitimate shot at.

Florida State, Alabama, Oregon, Michigan State? Probably not last year.

Ohio State, LSU, Louisville, South Carolina (all of whom were in the AP, USA Today, or Sagarin Top 10 at some point last season)? I guarantee you that last year's team would not have been afraid to take the field with any of them. And I don't think it's farfetched at all to think they could have pulled out a victory.

Time will tell if that level of confidence and success can continue through this season and beyond.

I wouldn't mind if the next batch of future FBS foes are from the upper half of the P5 leagues, assuming they are only ones willing to play us. Better $ and if we can hang with them, even more attention and recruiting opportunities. Just can't get crushed like USD did.

Quote Originally Posted by yopaulie View Post
    I wouldn't mind if the next batch of future FBS foes are from the upper half of the P5 leagues, assuming they are only ones willing to play us. Better $ and if we can hang with them, even more attention and recruiting opportunities. Just can't get crushed like USD did.
    That game usd played was all about the $$$ and nothing about recruiting

I doubt Glen allows another game like that be scheduled until he can win in the conference
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by CLONERAV4 View Post
    Yawn.

Beat up one retarded kid, and all of a sudden, you're the toughest kid on the block now?
    Why you still here? Move along already.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CLONERAV4 View Post
    Yawn.

Beat up one retarded kid, and all of a sudden, you're the toughest kid on the block now?
    If your tired then go to bed

He appears to be making his exit.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    He appears to be making his exit.
    Lets hope so.