Page 58 of 69 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Bugging Andy?

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: What's Bugging Andy?

I like the FBS situation and would not like to see the AD pushing to move up. I don't see the next jump being similar or equal to moving from DII to FBS (D1). The gulf is huge, the complexities across all Bison athletic programs enormous, and the rewards few.... go to a no-name bowl for football vs getting a ring. People pushing for moving up appear to be myopic on the football program. Until I see a majority of the other Bison sports including IX pushing for FBS status, I will remain firmly in the FCS camp. Maybe if FBS eventually goes to a 24-36 team championship playoff format where all D1-level schools have a chance, it might be a consideration, but until then... no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    I'm not quite sure what the NCAA's rule on Track & Field being classified as two different sports for indoor and outdoor for the FBS level. I looked at a handful of the PAC-12 schools, and four out of the five didn't split Track & Field into two sports for indoor and outdoor. However, none of those schools were near the minimum limit (i.e. Stanford has 36 men and women's varsity teams).
    20.9.6.3.7 Indoor Track and Field and Outdoor Track and Field. A member institution may receive credit for sponsoring both indoor track and field and outdoor track and field, provided its team participates in a total of at least 12 indoor and outdoor meets during the year, including at least four indoor and four outdoor meets.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    20.9.6.3.7 Indoor Track and Field and Outdoor Track and Field. A member institution may receive credit for sponsoring both indoor track and field and outdoor track and field, provided its team participates in a total of at least 12 indoor and outdoor meets during the year, including at least four indoor and four outdoor meets.
    Thanks for the valuable information. I wonder if the number of scholarships for both men and women gets increased for Track & Field above the NCAA limitations. Glad NDSU has smart people running the athletic department to figure out these crazy logistics. This is a nice loop-hole to have for smaller institutions.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I like the FBS situation and would not like to see the AD pushing to move up. I don't see the next jump being similar or equal to moving from DII to FBS (D1). The gulf is huge, the complexities across all Bison athletic programs enormous, and the rewards few.... go to a no-name bowl for football vs getting a ring. People pushing for moving up appear to be myopic on the football program. Until I see a majority of the other Bison sports including IX pushing for FBS status, I will remain firmly in the FCS camp. Maybe if FBS eventually goes to a 24-36 team championship playoff format where all D1-level schools have a chance, it might be a consideration, but until then... no way.
    i can never stay in this camp when theres a world of better competition out there for NDSU to play against. IF NDSU is ever forever FCS and will continue to only play competition similar to its 2015 schedule, then Im afraid we've seen the ceiling for Bison athletics as a whole.

Thats my worst case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    i can never stay in this camp when theres a world of better competition out there for NDSU to play against. IF NDSU is ever forever FCS and will continue to only play competition similar to its 2015 schedule, then Im afraid we've seen the ceiling for Bison athletics as a whole.

Thats my worst case scenario.
    The only other option for NDSU is an invite to a G5 conference, and no, they are not better competition than the MVFC. Due to NDSU's success and presence at the FCS level, the division is getting better along with the MVFC because other teams are upping their efforts at coaching and recruiting.

The only ceiling that exists for NDSU is the one that is imposed by the P5 conferences.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    The only other option for NDSU is an invite to a G5 conference, and no, they are not better competition than the MVFC. Due to NDSU's success and presence at the FCS level, the division is getting better along with the MVFC because other teams are upping their efforts at coaching and recruiting.

The only ceiling that exists for NDSU is the one that is imposed by the P5 conferences.
    you're fooling yourself if you think the MVFC will consistently be better than G5 conferences yearly.

GSU, App & ODU seem content with the move up, and they're in the god awful sunbelt. BTW you just proved my point. No more P5, ceiling is reached.

you're fooling yourself if you think the MVFC will consistently be better than G5 conferences yearly.

GSU, App & ODU seem content with the move up, and they're in the god awful sunbelt. BTW you just proved my point. No more P5, ceiling is reached.
    They moved up ahhhh what 2 years now? I would give it a little more time to see how those moves actually play out. But I believe the schools in there conference are within a reasonable distance. What conference is reasonable for NDSU? But then it really makes no difference as of this time as nobody has asked us to the dance. You cant move up with out a place to go.
    So may be you can clarify your position on what NDSU should do if there are no invites? After that we can talk funding.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

The day the MVFC is at the same level as the Sun Belt is the day the MVFC will officially be a better football conference. Any conference with ndsu in it is a top level conference no matter what level they are. Its sad you dont support and understand the tradition and strength of ndsu but I understand how hard it is for you to form intelligent thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    The day the MVFC is at the same level as the Sun Belt is the day the MVFC will officially be a better football conference. Any conference with ndsu in it is a top level conference no matter what level they are. Its sad you dont support and understand the tradition and strength of ndsu but I understand how hard it is for you to form intelligent thoughts
    Yea...because thats what I said.

MVFC without NDSU is awesome

Try harder

Yea...because thats what I said.

MVFC without NDSU is awesome

Try harder
    Yea cause spendng millions more on travel to join a slighlty better MVC (who has less than no interest in NDSU) makes total sense. Please lets recruit Minnesota kids and tell their parents "dont worry about going to away games, they are all 1500 miles away or more"

Go ask your buddies of your other favorite team how travel expenses are in the Big Sky