Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 nfl players

Default Re: 2014 nfl players

First start or not, Manning doesn't want to go off on a stretcher. Whiffs like the one at the end of the quarter won't be tolerated.

I see they have been giving #71 some help.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    First start or not, Manning doesn't want to go off on a stretcher. Whiffs like the one at the end of the quarter won't be tolerated.

I see they have been giving #71 some help.

No it is fine. If Lakes thinks it is fine than I am SURE Peyton thinks it is fine. Nobody knows more than Lakes.

Cornick was beaten again on the record breaker on a spin move. He is a strong guy but he has very slow feet. I honestly think guard would be a better position for him.

The previous RT was really struggling and they really like Cornick's power blocking in the run game, that being said he needs to be able to hold his own when passing and thus far it hasnt been great.

Tough assignment for #71 Justin Smith for your first start.....not easy at all!!!!

Just noticed after that last TD Dahl and Cornick were talking to each other. Pretty neat to see.

Last 2 drives been perfect for Cornick and big block on the rushing TD.

Dahl destroyed a guy on kick return too.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Last 2 drives been perfect for Cornick and big block on the rushing TD.

Dahl destroyed a guy on kick return too.
    Looks like Cornick has settled in pretty good during the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    No it is fine. If Lakes thinks it is fine than I am SURE Peyton thinks it is fine. Nobody knows more than Lakes.

Cornick was beaten again on the record breaker on a spin move. He is a strong guy but he has very slow feet. I honestly think guard would be a better position for him.
    I didn't see the first half otherthan the TD highlights but he looked solid in the second half. Hey at least he can tell his Grandkids he pass blocked for Payton Manning on a historic TD pass. I agree RG is probably a better spot. Tough job

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Hey bisonalumni YOURE Close Personal Friend Peyton Manning JUST Gave A helluva Slap on the back to Paul Cornick saying he had butterflies but how could you not in your first start he settled down and played tremendous after that. End quote
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Hey bisonalumni YOURE Close Personal Friend Peyton Manning JUST Gave A helluva Slap on the back to Paul Cornick saying he had butterflies but how could you not in your first start he settled down and played tremendous after that. End quote
    Close personal friend? Guess I never said that. I have only spoke to him one time, on the phone for a few minutes. I don't care to tell you why he called me, but a lot of what was said mirrors his personality on the field. Take responsibility and don't make excuses or give up. Trying to say that Paul's play was alright because Denver had a 14 point lead was dumb. He played like shit for a large chunk of the first half. On both the first TD and the record breaker, Paul was beaten bad and Peyton was fortunate to get the ball out. The false start call wasn't that big of a deal to me. It is understandable given the jitters and such. I was more concerned with his physical ability to be a starting offensive lineman, mainly due to how slow he looked against speedy pass rushers given he was getting beaten one on one.

With this being said, he played much better in the second half and looked pretty good in the run game, however I noticed that they seemed to be giving the right side a lot of help in the pass game.