Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Game defining play

Default Re: Game defining play

Crocketts run. It turned the tide and put us back in the game. Huge momentum swing.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    I'll go with Crockett's 1st touchdown. I was expecting him to get caught from behind with all of that FBS speed on the other side, but they couldn't do it. I'm going to start calling him Johnny Rocket.

Yep and JC was slowly pulling away.

Well, if the game was a function of Rhoads keeping his dignity it was the Cotton-Moya ejection.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

BisonFan02 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    I'll go with Brian Schaetz "King Kong Bundy bodyslam from the top ropes" which happened right after Crockett's 80 yard run. The Iowa St offense had nothing after that play.
    This....stamped the D beat down.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I belive there were 2 defining moments - Crockett's run being the first and most important.

The second defining moment was when ISU, with 2 inches to go for a first down, elected to punt.

Crockett's run and iowa state punting on 4& inches
    and cotton-moya targeting call

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The Schaetz hit is when I knew the sh*t was about to get real.

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    I belive there were 2 defining moments - Crockett's run being the first and most important.

The second defining moment was when ISU, with 2 inches to go for a first down, elected to punt.
    They arent 2 inches short if Dudzik doesnt make an amazing tackle the play before

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddykane View Post
    Crockett's run and iowa state punting on 4& inches
    and cotton-moya targeting call
    How much of a difference did losing the safety mean to their defense?? Also I thought that targeting penalty was awful. I didn't think it should have been a penalty and I definitely thought he shouldn't have been ejected.

I am going to change my mind. The Crocket run was great. It helped turn the tide. But what really busted it open? The long pass from Wentz to Vraa. At that point my thought was---well here we go!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."