Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Offensive Line, and other sweet surprises

Default Re: Offensive Line, and other sweet surprises

Quote Originally Posted by Tatanka View Post
    Yes. I was commenting on the tackle (which was phenomenal) rather than asking a question...
    didn't catch that... misread it apparently

BYZEN is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

TFL....should be a new "signature" shake at the FARGO Sonic....
    SDSU coach John Stiegelmeier on NDSU intro video: "This is not meant to be North Dakota State's home game."

Quote Originally Posted by BYZEN View Post
    TFL....should be a new "signature" shake at the FARGO Sonic....
    Nice. How about "King Kong Bundy Off The Top Rope" (KKBOTTR)!
    Really, I just wanted to post this again!
    Hey Barkeep, another round of the green stuff for me and my buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by Nel360 View Post
    But ran the same blitz when Heagle intercepted his pass.
    After watching on TV I was wrong. Heagle did not miss the tackle he just got beat on the pattern.
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    I think it's huge for the o line to keep rotating and get everyone reps and keep us fresh allowing us to destroy defenses.

After watching the replay....IMO, Plankers is starting this week and doesn't leave the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by BisoninNWMN View Post
    After watching the replay....IMO, Plankers is starting this week and doesn't leave the lineup.
    Also, Austin Kuhnert got a lot of reps; replay showed a great blocks by AK and Plankers on the right side which sprung "the Rocket" on his 80 yarder.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Also, Austin Kuhnert got a lot of reps; replay showed a great blocks by AK and Plankers on the right side which sprung "the Rocket" on his 80 yarder.
    will be interesting to see as the line looked better with Kuhnert and Plackers in the game but the depth chart apparently hasn't changed to reflect this, but reflects the initial starting lineup.

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Not sure that I can honestly say the OL was a huge surprise (we ARE the Bison, after all), but the long drive in the 3rd quarter was an absolute thing of beauty and has certainly answered most of my nagging questions about this group for the rest of the season.

The only downside I saw in that drive was throwing the ball twice on 2nd and goal at the 4 yard line. I was guessing we would have pounded it up the middle there on an obviously tired defense. Not complaining mind you, but between that field goal and the one before half, you could make the case that the Bison left 8 "easy" points on the field. Can you say 42-14?!

Was truly surprised at the RB rotation, however. Expected to see rotation by series and got rotation, essentially, by play. But what a pleasant surprise that was and it was obvious we had the depth of talent to do so.

Frankly, I don't see how this team doesn't just keep getting better and better and better and better…………….probably not what the rest of the FCS wanted to hear!

And better, and better....Iowa State isn't as bad as they now think they are, this Bison team is just that good. Our biggest competition is Northern Iowa and it won't be very tight.

One key is to keep their hunger and desire. As soon as they start to believe they are king sh-t, it's over. That's a big part of the problem in FBS, they don't go out and earn it, they believe they earned when they got their FBS jersey.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    And better, and better....Iowa State isn't as bad as they now think they are, this Bison team is just that good. Our biggest competition is Northern Iowa and it won't be very tight.

One key is to keep their hunger and desire. As soon as they start to believe they are king sh-t, it's over. That's a big part of the problem in FBS, they don't go out and earn it, they believe they earned when they got their FBS jersey.

UNI will be a MAJOR challenge. If their HB is healthy we will have our hands full.