Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Questions?

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The worst part was it was AWAY from the play. He had to DIVE at the back of the guy and then grabbed his freaking lower leg. WTF???????????
    Yeah, Hinz did not play well but he was game rusty, he'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by A1pigskin View Post
    All these are fixable.

1. Clock Management. This got better as the game went on.
    2. Red Zone play calling.
    3. Reduce penalties.
    4. Not attempting 57 yard field goals.
    5. Not going for 2 every time.
    Fixed it for you.
    I'm coo-coo for Coco's puffs!

WWTFSMD?

Do not speak of that of about which we talk of not speaking... about.

Real men wear aprons. 2Be1Ask1

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Yeah, Hinz did not play well but he was game rusty, he'll be fine.
    I know he will come around. But that play was so far off the hook I really came unglued at the time when I replayed it. I mean he really had to work at it to commit that foul. LOL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I know he will come around. But that play was so far off the hook I really came unglued at the time when I replayed it. I mean he really had to work at it to commit that foul. LOL
    I wonder if he was pissed at the guy and was going after him. Either way, not too smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Hail bison View Post
    Clock management and penalties will get cleaned up. We have good coaches. Hail the Bison!!!!
    I think a lesson here is to scrap the strict adherence to play clock rundowns for the first two series. Let the team get into a rhythm, then work the clock. Once they settled down, there were no more issues with the play clock. Let the guys get a feel for other parts of the game before they force control of it. Today was a great example of how forcing control while still trying to do 50 other things simultaneously doesn't work so well. A better opponent could have put more on the board in the beginning.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I think a lesson here is to scrap the strict adherence to play clock rundowns for the first two series. Let the team get into a rhythm, then work the clock. Once they settled down, there were no more issues with the play clock. Let the guys get a feel for other parts of the game before they force control of it. Today was a great example of how forcing control while still trying to do 50 other things simultaneously doesn't work so well. A better opponent could have put more on the board in the beginning.

Yeah, definitely noticed the play clock portion in the beginning. I kept yelling at the TV, "Just get the play off, it doesn't matter if the play clock is down to 2 seconds."

That and I thought special teams had a few too many penalties. Hopefully those can be corrected soon as they could prove to be costly versus UNI or YSU.
    Team Cinzano Tested. Team Cinzano Approved

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

To me, the three big questions coming into today's game were, in no particular order:

1. Defensive Line
    2. Offensive Line
    3. Quarterback

Check, check, and check!!!

Everyone of those groups met and I'd say even exceeded expectations today. It's going to be fun to watch this team as it improves throughout the season.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It looks like the questions of Chase Matlock's knee should be answered.

How much of the play clock management can be attributed to New OC and first time start for Carson? I didn't get to see anything after the Carson fumble early because I had to ref today.

Quote Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
    How much of the play clock management can be attributed to New OC and first time start for Carson? I didn't get to see anything after the Carson fumble early because I had to ref today.
    A lot. Carson seemed to be getting it, while everyone else was waiting for something else to happen.