Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: NDSU vs. Iowa State

Default Re: GDT: NDSU vs. Iowa State

Quote Originally Posted by dgoergs View Post
    Observation from Klieman presser today: he said he apologized a few times to Entz for maybe getting too involved on defense. I like the fact he is knowledgeable to be able to get involved... and argue it's his job as head coach to tweak what needs tweaking when he sees fit...like in first quarter.
    Thats very nice of him to do so. But the staffing philosophy should never be so compartmentalized that the head coach cant offer insight or corrections. Especially since he was the D/C.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thats very nice of him to do so. But the staffing philosophy should never be so compartmentalized that the head coach cant offer insight or corrections. Especially since he was the D/C.
    Agreed...I have complete confidence in Entz, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Klieman's "suggestions" after the first quarter that may have helped "right the ship".

And let's not forget who the boss is
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

And let's not forget who the boss is
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but I've been thinking about the first quarter and our delay in getting plays called and personel into the game on offense. Didn't they have the first 20 or so plays already scripted? Isn't that what we normally do? If not, why not?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I really liked the way they rotated the running backs vs. how it's been done the last couple of years.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I really liked the way they rotated the running backs vs. how it's been done the last couple of years.
    Not sure they've been this deep in a while.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just a couple of minor observations on the game. Most post-game analysis has harped on the loss of the Clone's center as the demise of their offense for the next 3 quarters, but when you go back and look at the timing of when it happened - after the 1st TD - they still operated very efficiently without the center to get their 2nd TD. It was Crockett's run that all of a sudden seemed to make the Clone's loss of a center very important and their offensive shut down.

Other observation.... after Vraa's catch and Crockett's TD at the Clones end of the field with the band behind the goal post, all you hear is "Go Bizon" in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Not sure they've been this deep in a while.
    TWSS (10 char)
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Default GDT: NDSU vs. Iowa State

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been discussed before but I've been thinking about the first quarter and our delay in getting plays called and personel into the game on offense. Didn't they have the first 20 or so plays already scripted? Isn't that what we normally do? If not, why not?
    No, that's not the way we do things. We do have some plays we want to run early to see how they defend, but not a script that we follow religiously. That would make no sense (nonsense?!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.